Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Armored Troop Budenovka?

Article about: Hi all- what are your guys' thoughts on this Armored troop Budenovka? If I am going, to be honest, I wish I knew more about what to look out for on these (as most of you know I mainly focus

Default Armored Troop Budenovka?

Hi all- what are your guys' thoughts on this Armored troop Budenovka? If I am going, to be honest, I wish I knew more about what to look out for on these (as most of you know I mainly focus on orders, medals, and steel helmets). I tried doing some independent research and compared this one to known/confirmed real examples, and it seems that the star cockade matches that of a real one, and I have also noticed that on all the real examples I've found and compared this to, they all have 6 stitching "lines" going across on the visor part, and this one does as well (the replicas that I have seen don't have exactly 6 which is why I make this point- not saying that because this has 6 stitching 'lines' it is real though...).

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but the color/material looks correct and the star stitching also looks correct when compared to multiple known armored Budenovkas that have sold on Espenlaub. I personally think that this could potentially be a real one, but I am not knowledgeable enough on Budenovkas yet and would like to see what you guys think. And if it is a fake, what made you guys think that? For example, what stuck out?

Thank you all.

Regards,
    Nikita.

Armored Troop Budenovka?Armored Troop Budenovka?Armored Troop Budenovka?Armored Troop Budenovka?Armored Troop Budenovka?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Armored Troop Budenovka?
    P
    Many

Armored troops budnovka is "steel grey", like darker side of grey.. Yours is just gray.

It's steel grey color is suppose to be like this.

My friend has one, and it's difficult color. It's only clearly evident when it is next to normal gray budenovka.

To me, it looks original, but wrong black star color.

ignore that attached photo, wrong pic and its fake.
    Attached Images Attached Images Armored Troop Budenovka? 

Hello Nikita,

As Verikauha said, ABTV model should be steel gray,

The one you are showing could be original, model 27. In my opinion the cloth star is not original, but stiched later (maybe to restore it). The interior doesnt convince me completely, but it could be simply caused by poor pictures.

Remember that the black star could indicate also other branches (artillery - technical - chemical). Also, remember that such hats were made also in ther postwar years for the theaters, there are very good examples made in the 50s.

Best regards
    Gabriele

Thank you guys both for the information! May I ask, do you guys have a book on the different types of Budenovkas, and if so, what is it called? I would really like to get me a book on this matter to further expand my knowledge on them. Thank you.

(PS- how many models are there, and what are some of the differences?)

Regards,
    Nikita.

I did sold all my russian items to fund my Finnish items collection. And russian uniform book, forgot hat models with it.

About 1930-ties Budenovka colors, there is only airforce dark-blue, tankers steel-grey, and normal grey for the rest. 1920-models are different thing.
    Armored Troop Budenovka?

Airforce hat with technical buttons and with confusing red star-color, it should be light-blue star for airforce. Or airforce infantry?
    Armored Troop Budenovka?Armored Troop Budenovka?

Another confusion, airforce headquarters? With leather strap holding the buttons. Stamp unclear.
    Armored Troop Budenovka?Armored Troop Budenovka?

And normal grey infantry, but with kinda purplish/dark-red red star. No stamp.
    Armored Troop Budenovka?

In winter war Budyonovka were iconic hats, and were popular war-souvenirs alongside with star-helmets.

In Finnish Budyonovka is "piippalakki" (=bishop hat) and russian soldiers were also called by their hat name. Text example from combat stories from finnish to english

"Lähin piippalakki oli päässyt 15 metrin päähän"

"Mutta Kolhoosimäellä piippalakkeja tuupertui kasapäin. Takaa tulevat talloivat elottomien tovereittensa päälle. Aseiden rytinän keskellä kuului venäläisten upseerien käheää karjuntaa ja politrukkie yllytyshuutoja."
    ---
    "The nearest Budyonovka had reached 15 meters"

"But in Kolkhoz hill, Budyonovka's were piling up. Those coming from behind trampled on top of their lifeless comrades. In the midst of the rumble of guns were the hoarse roar of Russian officers and shouts of incitement from political comissars.