Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Blockade type Ssh-36?

Article about: Hi all- so I have spent the past hour or so going through each and every forum post I can find of blockade-relined Ssh36's and I can't seem to find any with this type of liner. Also, I have

Default Blockade type Ssh-36?

Hi all- so I have spent the past hour or so going through each and every forum post I can find of blockade-relined Ssh36's and I can't seem to find any with this type of liner. Also, I have never seen a blockade Ssh36 with that thick of top rivets. To add to this, I have also never seen an Ssh36 'blokadnik' with 2 sets of rivets. All of this being said, I am a bit skeptical about this helmet, but at the same time, I think it could be real. I would like to hear what you guys have to say.

P.S- You can click on the images to view them in higher quality

Blockade type Ssh-36?Blockade type Ssh-36?Blockade type Ssh-36?Blockade type Ssh-36?Blockade type Ssh-36?
    Last edited by PapaStalin1943; 03-04-2020 at 10:40 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Blockade type Ssh-36?
    P
    Many

I have found this image that I believe shows 2 sets of rivets on either a blockade relined Ssh36 or Ssh39:

Blockade type Ssh-36?

I'm new to the forum, so wait for a regular to chime in, but I kind of like it. Not exactly like other blockade liners. Better pics of the liner would help. The band at first glance looks like leather, but I would expect it is synthetic.

It's real, here's mine and it's almost exactly the same. The story (whether true or not I don't know), is that in the Winter War against the Finns, many of the original liners (attached to the bottom rivet holes) were ripped out so the soldiers could wear Ushankas. When re-equipped, the new liners were attached to the helmets in the Ssh39 style of three tabs riveted more toward the top. I added pictures of the inside attachment for illustration.
    Kevin

Blockade type Ssh-36?
    Blockade type Ssh-36?
    Blockade type Ssh-36?
    Blockade type Ssh-36?
    Blockade type Ssh-36?
    Blockade type Ssh-36?
    Blockade type Ssh-36?
    Blockade type Ssh-36?
    Blockade type Ssh-36?
    Blockade type Ssh-36?

Thank you very very much for sharing your very valuable information and helmet!

I thought that it was a blockade helmet (the one I posted) but wasn't sure because the ones I've seen on this forum all had 1 set of rivets.

Again, thank you so much!

World War Helmets - Reference de casques de 1915 a nos jours.
    You have to register with the site to get full access, well worth the couple of minutes to fill in your details.

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    You have to register with the site to get full access, well worth the couple of minute to fill in your details.
    Thanks a lot for this link! I have seen the website before but didn't know there was more info if you signed up (I know, it's dumb of me not to see that it says 'sign up for more info'..)

?

I can't help with the answer, But it looks like pupapup gave you one.
    I just wanted to say I really do like the looks of this pattern and thanks for showing yours.

Semper Fi
    Phil

I was curious if anyone knew what years these were used from did these blockade type helmets start showing up in 1941 or is it later? I’ve read one source that claims they were seen in 1943 but I don’t think that is correct. Thanks in advance