Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

British "OPFOR" Opposing Forces Helmet

Article about: Just to post up this Soviet style cold war period OPFOR helmet used by the British army for military exercise training and made of plastic material with a basic hard hat style cradle

?

Great theme! Another interesting page of military history! And - yes... NATO knew a lot about perversions! Russians did not think of such decisions. That Russian style was just too cool !!!British "OPFOR" Opposing Forces HelmetBritish "OPFOR" Opposing Forces HelmetBritish "OPFOR" Opposing Forces Helmet

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement British "OPFOR" Opposing Forces Helmet
    P
    Many

I Believe this belongs here, Didn't even knew what I'd bought at first
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British "OPFOR" Opposing Forces Helmet   British "OPFOR" Opposing Forces Helmet  

British "OPFOR" Opposing Forces Helmet   British "OPFOR" Opposing Forces Helmet  

Very Nice example and thanks for sharing Combat Helmets
    Regards James

My British example now has some company from across the pond British "OPFOR" Opposing Forces HelmetBritish "OPFOR" Opposing Forces HelmetBritish "OPFOR" Opposing Forces HelmetBritish "OPFOR" Opposing Forces Helmet
    Regards James

That new one (blue grey) is the same as mine inside....I’ve still not seen another like your other one

Thanks Ade I found the clips to be tricky to latch but with some patience i manage to fit a liner as intended ,i won't display like this though in case the short hooked sections under tension loose there elasticity.I recently spotted another Brit type identical to mine posted by a member of a FB group who picked his up around 20+ years ago at a vehicle show here in the UK and there were other examples for sale at the time ,the only difference was his had a star outline and hammer and sickle stencilled. I did wonder if it was worth trying to carefully remove the in fill paint job on mine as i imagine it would have the same stencil applied British "OPFOR" Opposing Forces Helmet
    Regards James

Now day they are using a blue colour Camo uniform and blue camo helmet cover ,will try to find some photos

Sounds Interesting Kradman be great to see the modern day kit
    Regards James

?

Warsaw Pact OPFOR . Soldiers of the 6th airborne division of the Polish army, depicting a likely enemy during exercises, late 70s and early 80s. British "OPFOR" Opposing Forces Helmet

Here is the British camo being used now
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British "OPFOR" Opposing Forces Helmet   British "OPFOR" Opposing Forces Helmet  

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast