Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Camouflage Soviet Ssh 68 Helmet

Article about: Soviet Ssh 68 Helmet production 1st began on these in 1973 and they were distributed and used to 2010 and were intended for General Service by the Soviet/Russian Military.. They were produce

?

Default Camouflage Soviet Ssh 68 Helmet

Soviet Ssh 68 Helmet production 1st began on these in 1973 and they were distributed and used to 2010 and were intended for General Service by the Soviet/Russian Military..
    They were produced from a new steel allow named 38XCRHM⏀A ( factory designation K1 ) and were exclusively manufactured at the Red October metallurgical plant in Volgograd and were produced in three sizes weighing in at approximately 1290 grams for the medium size two..
    The liner pads are constructed of waxed over canvas mounted on spring steel blades which are attached to the helmet body via four rivets as can be seen near the dome in the images below..
    The chin straps are constructed of leather and incorporate a pin buckle closure with sliding buckle..
    This particular example shows IMO genuine field usage and likely seen a good amount of service and is as I like my helmets used but not abused...
    Sources say the camouflage pattern style was often referred to as "stripes" and was usually done in random or thick vertical stripes..
    The earliest period images that I could find of Ssh 68 helmets sporting this pattern support it was used during the Soviet Afghanistan war from 1979-1989 with other sources confirming its use in Chechnya...

Regards Mark
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Camouflage Soviet Ssh 68 Helmet   Camouflage Soviet Ssh 68 Helmet  

Camouflage Soviet Ssh 68 Helmet   Camouflage Soviet Ssh 68 Helmet  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Camouflage Soviet Ssh 68 Helmet
    P
    Many

Now that IS nice! Well done.

?

Thanx Adrian a member of are forum here had purchased a couple of examples and was kind enough to throw one in the mail for me very pleased to have it in my collection..

Regards Mark

...wish they’d’ve thrown one my way!.....’shame, cos I’d’ve outpaid you! :-)
    Last edited by Composite; 08-19-2020 at 01:47 PM.