Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Czech M52?

Article about: I recently acquired this helmet although I need some answers to my questions. I checked out similiar photos, some without the "star" and some with it, although all the time it is u

Default Czech M52?

I recently acquired this helmet although I need some answers to my questions.
    I checked out similiar photos, some without the "star" and some with it, although all the time it is usually filled in?
    What does the 52 mean exactly and all of the other numbers?
    And are these helmets faked?Czech M52?Czech M52?Czech M52?Czech M52?Czech M52?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Czech M52?
    P
    Many

?

The stamp, 1-10 I believe is the is the batch number, the crossed swords are the Czech national stamp, sometimes thought of as a military acceptance stamp but it also appears on exported helmets, the 54 is the year of manufacture. The liner should also have stamps on the underside.

The star, as you say is normally a solid star spray painted, I’m a bit skeptical of it for that reason. The paint in the scratch mean it was done post issue and the scuff marks look very fresh. Just my opinion though.

I would recommend you signing up for this site World War Helmets - Casque Vz 53 its a really good resource.

Steve