Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Czech Vz-53 (M53, Ssh39) helmet - An EBay Story

Article about: Thanks col james, that's what I had guessed. I think it's worth the effort to get one of these that are, in fact what they are advertised to be: a Russian helmet reissued for Czech use, not

Default Czech Vz-53 (M53, Ssh39) helmet - An EBay Story

i ve bought a helmet at Ebay, with description as follows:

"Russian USSR, Military Helmet, New, Nice Collectable

... a genuine Russian Issue steel helmet with leather suspension and chin strap. Helmet is issued, nice condition, but a little shop worn...

In this forum it was identified as the last version of the M53, (a czech made SSh39), with a Y-nylon chinstrap, from the 80´s, which had seen little or no significant historical action, not even to mention this mint condition item...
    these were the pictures provided by the ebay seller:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Czech Vz-53 (M53, Ssh39) helmet - An EBay Story  
    Attached Images Attached Images Czech Vz-53 (M53, Ssh39) helmet - An EBay Story 
    Last edited by danhashman; 06-05-2011 at 07:48 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Czech Vz-53 (M53, Ssh39) helmet - An EBay Story
    P
    Many

Default Re: Czech Vz-53 (M53, Ssh39) helmet - An EBay Story

this is what i unpacked:an old looking, a vintage and prtty used helmet which i believe is actually an early version M53 with single leather chinstrap, and there´s no doubt that this particular helmet could tell quite some stories..
    At the beginning i felt pretty ripped off, but now i think this old version is very much cooler (& historicly relevant ) tthan the mint one that i was expecting. So, at the end, the helmet was neither russian nor new.. but i like better what i have gotten then whtat i was expecting!! So after all feel quite happy because i feel to have had Luck in the unluck.. But still.. another lesson of how to be careful with Internet-shopping...

I like this helmet much better, it shows field use and age, it would even look nice in a Vietnam display

the North Vietnamese army used lots Czech M53 helmets and it already has the look of a battlefield pick up / war trophy

dan this looks a nice original period item nice find

You can count me in on this one !
    Looks really good - I love these Czech helmets !!
    Look for the crossed swords and year stamp on the inside of the shell.
    If you are lucky this one turns out to be a real cold war artefact.

Regards

Bernhard

Quote by Bernhard View Post
    You can count me in on this one !
    Looks really good - I love these Czech helmets !!
    Look for the crossed swords and year stamp on the inside of the shell.
    If you are lucky this one turns out to be a real cold war artefact.

Regards

Bernhard

there´s no crossed- sword-stamp inside, nor an year stamp. Only a "2" stamped into the helmet on it´s inner rear part. Guess it´s the size. But the type ofchin strap makes me think that the helmet is rather old.. I hope i´m not mistaken on that..

Here is a pic of one of my helmets showing the crossed
    swords stamp.

Regards

Bernhard
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Czech Vz-53 (M53, Ssh39) helmet - An EBay Story   Czech Vz-53 (M53, Ssh39) helmet - An EBay Story  

?

Hello ... Does anyone know what the story is on these Vz53 Czech helmets that have, as pictured here, both the three high-mounted rivets holding the liner frame as on the SSh39, and the six lower mounted rivets as on the SSh40 that serve no purpose here?
    I have a late-production model with the nylon Y-strap setup as shown here, and one with a 52 next to the crossed swords stamp, which I assume is early production. Both have only the three high-mounted rivets for the liner frame. Are the six lower dummy rivets there to facilitate the mounting of the SSh40 three-pad liner ? Just wondering, since they seem to have no purpose here, and are not on either of my Czech helmets of the Warsaw Pact era.

hi skip they are refurbed ssh40 soviet shells for use in czech army here's my example hope this helps Czech Vz-53 (M53, Ssh39) helmet - An EBay StoryCzech Vz-53 (M53, Ssh39) helmet - An EBay StoryCzech Vz-53 (M53, Ssh39) helmet - An EBay Story

Good looking early Czech 53, much nicer than the minty one you originally pruchased, IMO anyway........ Russ

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast