Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Dating an SSh-40 helmet?

Article about: Hi, I'm new here, and I was wondering if anyone could give me a a definitive way to see if an SSh-40 is wartime or post war issue, other than the date stamp (which, as you all probably know

cwjian90
    ?

Default Dating an SSh-40 helmet?

Hi, I'm new here, and I was wondering if anyone could give me a a definitive way to see if an SSh-40 is wartime or post war issue, other than the date stamp (which, as you all probably know much better than me, is often fake)? Like chinstrap features, colors and liner pads? Thanks in advance.

2. # ADS

cwjian90
    ?

Default Re: Dating an SSh-40 helmet?

This is the helmet I'm looking to buy:
    Attached Images Attached Images Dating an SSh-40 helmet?  Dating an SSh-40 helmet?  Dating an SSh-40 helmet?  Dating an SSh-40 helmet?  Dating an SSh-40 helmet? 

?

That is a mid of 50's SSch 40 helmet from a factory Krasniy Oktyabr'
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

There are quite a few existing threads that comprehensively cover this subject. See here:

Soviet Russia from 1917- Headgear And Steel Helmets Of RKKA, Red Army, & Soviet Army at War relics forum

Quote by cwjian90 View Post
    Hi, I'm new here, and I was wondering if anyone could give me a a definitive way to see if an SSh-40 is wartime or post war issue, other than the date stamp (which, as you all probably know much better than me, is often fake)? Like chinstrap features, colors and liner pads? Thanks in advance.
    Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam!

cwjian90
    ?

Oh, yes, I know people have asked before, but I wanted to know what most of the experts here would consider "defining" features of a real WW2 relic. Lucky I didn't buy that helmet, though.