MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Finally got me an Ssh-36!

Article about: Hi all- I am happy to present to you guys my first ever Ssh-36! As some of you may know, I have been in the market for one of these for almost 2 years now, and I finally got one. I have had

Default Finally got me an Ssh-36!

Hi all- I am happy to present to you guys my first ever Ssh-36! As some of you may know, I have been in the market for one of these for almost 2 years now, and I finally got one. I have had multiple opportunities to buy one, but every time they were in very poor condition and had no liner/chinstrap. I got this one because it retains its original liner in great condition (with some field repairs), but unfortunately, the helmet was repainted by a previous owner, and it has a postwar chinstrap. Nonetheless, I am pretty happy with this one, and it'll definitely make due for now. Finally, after waiting for my package to arrive for the past 3 months, without further ado, here are the photos of my first Ssh-36 helmet:

Finally got me an Ssh-36!Finally got me an Ssh-36!Finally got me an Ssh-36!Finally got me an Ssh-36!Finally got me an Ssh-36!Finally got me an Ssh-36!Finally got me an Ssh-36!Finally got me an Ssh-36!Finally got me an Ssh-36!Finally got me an Ssh-36!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Finally got me an Ssh-36!
    P
    Many

Congrats! It shows that with patience such items will come across your path sooner or later

At the same time I have to say that myself I would prefer to wait another 2 years, or even longer if needed, for one that still has the original chinstrap, and original paint as well. But that is just how I collect.

Quote by Marcel Banziger View Post
    Congrats! It shows that with patience such items will come across your path sooner or later

At the same time I have to say that myself I would prefer to wait another 2 years, or even longer if needed, for one that still has the original chinstrap, and original paint as well. But that is just how I collect.
    Thanks for the kind words, Marcel

I agree with you 100%, but I got this one for under $200, which I think is a steal as I have seen rusted shells go for $250+ (!), and this particular helmet has its original liner in amazing condition. Also, I may soon be trading this with someone for a Blokadnik Ssh-36!
    Last edited by PapaStalin1943; 08-30-2020 at 06:00 PM.

Nice one and one I don't have (only the later ones) but I must say these be the ugliest helmets around! and can understand the want for one.

Thanks René. Personally, these are actually my favorite model helmet, and I am quite fond of the look (I wonder if I am the only one who thinks that haha). To each their own I guess

EVERY helmet has beauty........somewhere! :-)

Nice find

I would have bought it too at that price

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

Sorry, bro, but liner and chinstrap are fake. A liner with a disgusting stamp is very similar to a homemade one, and very carelessly sewn. A chinstrap replaced from the post-war SSh-40.

I hate to agree with mixer, but the liner and strap are indeed not original imo.