Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Flight helmets of the USSR

Article about: Hello everyone, My lifelong best friend is shipping out tomorrow. He has collected Soviet flight helmets for over a year now and he has long struggled with the lack of information on these f

Default Flight helmets of the USSR

Hello everyone, My lifelong best friend is shipping out tomorrow. He has collected Soviet flight helmets for over a year now and he has long struggled with the lack of information on these fascinating pieces. I Promised him that I would try my best to help him find some lick of information on these helmets as the internet has not brought up much on the subject. I was planning to show him the information I found out upon his return as a gift. What a better place to start here at WRF, I was certain I'd be able to find the best amount of help here. I will try and answer any questions about the helmets, and these are the only photos I was able to obtain so I apologize for their lack of quality. These are his helmets and not mine, he took the photos for me.

So here are the three helmets in question.

Firstly the Gsh-6 high altitude helmet, closely resembling a cosmonauts helmet due to the nature of its use. It is still in service with Russian Mig 31 pilots

Flight helmets of the USSRFlight helmets of the USSRFlight helmets of the USSRFlight helmets of the USSRFlight helmets of the USSRFlight helmets of the USSRFlight helmets of the USSR

Next up is the Zsh-7A with its Km-35 mask, this helmet was supposedly designed in the late 80s and is still the current issue flight helmet in the modern day Russian Air force

Flight helmets of the USSRFlight helmets of the USSRFlight helmets of the USSRFlight helmets of the USSRFlight helmets of the USSR

And finally the Zsh-5 with Km-34 mask. I believe this helmet has all been but replaced by the Zsh-7 and other more modern variants used in the 1960s.

Attachment 1524995Flight helmets of the USSRFlight helmets of the USSRFlight helmets of the USSRFlight helmets of the USSR

I appreciate you all, thank you for taking the time to read this post. Hopefully it will breed many discussions!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Flight helmets of the USSR
    P
    Many