Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Got scammed, didn't know these existed

Article about: I bought an Ssh36 a few weeks ago on eBay for \\$340 including shipping. Looking at the pictures, I was thinking "Fake Luftshutz decal, fake chinstrap, possibly fake liner, but definitely

Kevin,

Thanks for the response and sorry to hear about the scam. I have to admit it's one of the better jobs Ive seen. So you don't feel alone. Just recently fell prey to an eBay scam on a RS group. So it happens to all of us. I plan on posting my experience here on the forum (like you) to warn others. Hang in there and I hope all turns out well for you!

Gerry C.

From the Hot High Plains of the Midwest U.S.A.

P.S. God Bless to all Troops Currently Dealing with the Issues in Afghanistan!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Got scammed, didn't know these existed
    P
    Many

John, good point, seller is rusik_best. Another lesson learned here, if you're going to buy on eBay, buy from trusted sellers, this one had zero feedback (now has -1).

Andy, yes, these were the pictures from the listing. Even though the pictures aren't crystal clear, I will say that even holding it in my hand, the paint was aged in a way I've seen on authentic helmets, it was really expertly faked.

Thanks everyone for your well wishes. Not a good situation and not easy to post here, so I appreciate the support and again just wanted to keep this from happening to others.

Kevin

Hello Kevin,

Would there be any chance that you could take some hi res images before sending it back (if you have not already)??

From the initial photos it does look very original. Quite frightening really. Would be a good learning experience to see just how good some of these fakers are getting.

Andy

Hey Andy, yes I already sent it back and don’t have a good camera anyway. The images on the listing may be better, though, the listing number is 313587481884 if you’re able to look it up that way.

Kevin

Are ya pulling our legs perhaps?

SSH36

Here's the link, found it by going through sold listings.

This is quite strange. never heard of a Plastic Ssh36! I find it interesting that the seller has one positive rating for an item that sold for 1.00 USD... Very convincing that seller is. My advice for ebay is to steer clear of high ticket items. items like painted helmets or expensive uniforms (200$ and up) 9/10 on ebay they are fakes. Ebay has a very good market for surplus and not so hard to come by items. But I would never purchase a TR item off ebay. Sorry to hear this

Rene, not sure where this off-the-wall "pulling our leg" accusation came from, I'm a WRF member, been on here several years, and made lots of posts. I'm not always right (as illustrated by this thread), but I'm honest. I don't get the accusation of dishonesty at all.

Kevin

Got scammed, didn't know these existed

Zero positive feedback. In the link it says: Seller does not accept returns. Two major red flags!

Did you have contact with seller about sending it back? Because I am afraid you are now out of helmet and out of money. Hopefully your creditcard company or PP can help you. Though I'm afraid that won't help much either, seller being located in Russia, western banks and Russian banks don't work together well so I fear for an even worse ending. I sincerely hope I am wrong though.

Hey Marcel, yes, they agreed to take it back. You could still be right about not getting refunded though, and that's another reason I wanted to post this in case that helmet gets listed again. We'll see if I get my money back from eBay, and yes I also have the cc company and Paypal as possible backup help if eBay doesn't do it. Thanks for the well wishes.

Kevin

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast