Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Got scammed, didn't know these existed

Article about: I bought an Ssh36 a few weeks ago on eBay for \\$340 including shipping. Looking at the pictures, I was thinking "Fake Luftshutz decal, fake chinstrap, possibly fake liner, but definitely

Default Got scammed, didn't know these existed

I bought an Ssh36 a few weeks ago on eBay for $340 including shipping. Looking at the pictures, I was thinking "Fake Luftshutz decal, fake chinstrap, possibly fake liner, but definitely a nice shell, so not a bad deal." Well, it arrived two days ago, and the helmet is plastic!!!

Sending it back, hopefully I'll get my money back, but still at least out $70 for the cost to return it to Russia. Worst case scenario is I'm out $410 and have nothing to show for it (I feel pretty good about the original $340, eBay apparently pulled it back and is holding it).

Fake plastic Ssh36s are new to me, wanted to make everyone aware so this doesn't happen to anyone else.

Kevin

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Got scammed, didn't know these existed
    P
    Many

?

Wow did a good job making it look like light rust

Yep, trying to think how to avoid this in the future. The originals don't all have INK stamps (or the stamps were overpainted), but going forward if I don't see the METAL stamp in the listing I'll ask for photos of those. I imagine the metal stamping part is difficult to make look original, but who knows, maybe they can easily do that too!!
    Kevin

I am sorry to hear this. Hope you get your money back!
    To avoid mistakes like this is to stay away from Ebay. A very simple thing really yet so many fail to follow up this simple rule.

Pupspup,

Just wondering. Was the helmet received the exact one as pictured? Or was it a bait and switch? Picture a real or correct item and then send you a fake or a slug item.

Thanks!

Gerry C.

From the HOT High Plains of the Midwest U.S.A.

?

Holy Smokes that is a great paint job!!!
    Serious attention to detail's.
    It looks like aged steel.
    I bet that guy makes some realistic diorama's.

Sorry about getting scammed.
    I hope they make it right!!!!

Thanks for the heads up!!!

Semper Fi
    Phil

But Marcel, I enjoy the dark alleys of both the real world and the online one (eBay), admittedly sometimes neither turn out too well.

Gerry, yes, it was the exact same one. Just an excellent plastic fake. Even took me a minute to realize it was plastic, kept tapping it with my fingernail to make sure.

Phil, yep, they really aged it well, makes me worry for the future of collecting/authenticating.

Kevin

I am sorry to see this occurring. The seller needs to be identified, so please do. This is not a case of a mistake, an outright fraud.
    John

"Geeze" is all I can type!!

Sorry to hear about this Kevin, and the loss of your money. Hoping you can most of it back.

I know nothing about these helmets but at first at glance it does look quite realistic as an aged original helmet. Having said that, are these the photos that they advertised the helmet with? When I try to enlarge them they are not hi res making it hard to read the age and feel of the paint.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast