Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Informations about this visor cap

Article about: Dear Camarades, I bought this cap in Tallin, the salesman an ex army officer guaranteed me that this cap was a WWII Armored Division Officer Visor Cap. Is it right? Regards, R. A.

Default Informations about this visor cap

Dear Camarades,

I bought this cap in Tallin, the salesman an ex army officer guaranteed me that this cap was a WWII Armored Division Officer Visor Cap. Is it right?

Regards,
    R. A.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Informations  about this visor cap   Informations  about this visor cap  

Informations  about this visor cap  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Informations  about this visor cap
    P
    Many

Hello camarade,

Nice cap but postwar.
    Can you confirm the color of the band? It looks Kaki and not black.

Bruno

I also tend to say postwar until better pics come. Can you show a close-up of the makers mark logo plus also can you show a pic where the peak can be seen in full? More rounded peaks are always postwar. Wartime ones supposed to be straight and that doesn't show on your photo taken from below.

Hi Pal,

Thanks for your help, I donĀ“t have a good camera and the photos are really bad, but the band is black and the cap is dark green.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Informations  about this visor cap  

Hi.

Thanks for your cooperation, follow the pics
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Informations  about this visor cap   Informations  about this visor cap  

Informations  about this visor cap   Informations  about this visor cap  

Indeed a post-war maker's mark.

The date has been eradicated with the intent to deceive. Common practice I'm afraid.
    Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam!

Caro Colega!

We welcome you.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's still an OK cap. It's pre-1955 made - which is a cool collectible thing.

Armor (the black velvet band) is more difficult to find than gunner (Artillery - the black wool/cotton band).

The chinstrap is a good one, the visor is correct, as well as the 1947 type star-cockarde for this cap.

These are becoming more difficult to procure as the years progress. It is a good find. Congratulations....

Please, research the forum archives. A lot of time was spent creating them. View all the photos of the caps we have shown and discussed.

Melhores cumprimentos,
    Richie C
    Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam!

Quote by RichieC View Post
    Indeed a post-war maker's mark.

The date has been eradicated with the intent to deceive. Common practice I'm afraid.
    Very common practice indeed with visors as well as helmets.

Never trust the salesmen and their usually fabricated stories. They have just one thing in mind, to fool the unknown collector and sell their stuff to these as guaranteed wartime items.

Hi

The stamp is from red Warrior 51-54

Bruno

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast