Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

M15 Soviet Helmet

Article about: I do see the difference in material and paint RichieC. As repro items of this type go, I would consider the details of the brass star really well done though. As I have said, it is a repro t

Default Re: M15 Soviet Helmet

Wow this is very interesting. Any more information about this polish wz38 helmets ? Photos ? Never heard about it.
    Aren't those helmets typical finish M40 ? Sample from ebay: looks the same to me ...
    WWII Finnish M-40 Combat Helmet
    Last edited by pat15567; 06-20-2012 at 01:55 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M15 Soviet Helmet
    P
    Many

?

Quote by pat15567 View Post
    Wow this is very interesting. Any more information about this polish wz38 helmets ? Photos ? Never heard about it.
    Aren't those helmets typical finish M40 ? Sample from ebay: looks the same to me ...
    WWII Finnish M-40 Combat Helmet
    Definately not a Värtsilla helmets, differense is the liner, chinstrap and grommets, Estonian/Polish is just 4, when Finnish/ Swedish 6
    Search in forum, and you'll find more pictures with this helmet

- - Updated - -

Take a carefull look at the last picture, you will recognize the wz 31 chinstrap on the helmets
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Quote by Dimas View Post
    Definately not a Värtsilla helmets, differense is the liner, chinstrap and grommets, Estonian/Polish is just 4, when Finnish/ Swedish 6
    Search in forum, and you'll find more pictures with this helmet

- - Updated - -

Take a carefull look at the last picture, you will recognize the wz 31 chinstrap on the helmets
    I've noticed that ... but to be honest this type of helmet is not known wide in Poland. Nobody heard about wz.38 experimental helmet ... wz.31 was based on finnish/swedish pattern - that's why they are quite similar. I'm not so sure if that "polish wz.38" is not a version of all those estonian/finnish or swedish helmets ... chinstrap looks very similar also. There is nothing in literature about wz.38 helmet in polish sources so far. That's why i'm surprised.

?

I've heard somewhere from the Polish sources about this helmets. Wz 31 is'nt similar to the finnish, it's quite a modern own Polish project, which was the best by defence/wear characteristics in this period.
    Ssch 39 soviet helmet got an idea from the wz 31, and mix it with Soviet m 36.
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

could somebody be so kind as to explain the main differences between the adrian m15 and the 1917 Russian Sohlberg they look very similar

Dom
    ?

Quote by col james View Post
    could somebody be so kind as to explain the main differences between the adrian m15 and the 1917 Russian Sohlberg they look very similar
    In the foreground a French M 15, the third man wears a Sohlberg.
    The difference is obvious (especially the top of the helmet) on this pics
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M15 Soviet Helmet  

many thanks dom what a superb referance picture you provided i can see the beading is lacking on the sohlberg and the comb if my eyes decieve me looks to be transverse across the top

M15 Soviet HelmetM15 Soviet Helmethere's mine. no idea anymore if the star is real or not, had to many contradictions about this one during the years.

another question about Russian Adrian helmets. In the book of Clawson, there's mentioned a Rus made Adrian style helmet wich they call the M28. It has a few minor differences with the French Adrian, does anybody has such a helmet, or know what the differences are?

Dom
    ?

langemarck ,

your helmet carries the color mustard of the Russian expeditionary corps in France during the First World War ?

Dom, there's no proof the star was on the helmet for ever as there are almost no traces of the star sitting "in " the helmet like it normally should after so many years.
    The main question in this case would be more if the star is original or not, I wouldn't have any problems with a put together helmet as these are near impossible to find in untouched condition.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast