Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Need some identification, Slovakian?

Article about: Hello! Just yesterday I bought off a helmet from a respected vendor, not too far from my house. Wanted to get some details on this helmet? Only thing I could remember well was that it was us

Default Need some identification, Slovakian?

Hello!
    Just yesterday I bought off a helmet from a respected vendor, not too far from my house.
    Wanted to get some details on this helmet? Only thing I could remember well was that it was used when Slovakia was Under the CCCP And that its a shell?, also a U In the helmet.
    Also not sure where to post it but I also got a bullet, Around 15CM in Length with markings around a red circle 3 on top 79 in the bottom and 2 stars on the east/west.
    Will Appreciate any help
    Need some identification, Slovakian?Need some identification, Slovakian?Need some identification, Slovakian?Need some identification, Slovakian?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Need some identification, Slovakian?
    P
    Many

The Helmet Is a Czechoslovakian Vz 32. The bullet looks like it is either a 12.7mm or 14.5mm heavy machine gun round.

Thank you, Appreciate it!

No problem, if you measure the diameter of the bullet it will confirm the calibre.

Yep from the bottom right? 2.5cm

Quote by DavidBrin View Post
    Yep from the bottom right? 2.5cm
    Measure the actual bullet David, the projectile, pointy end.

?

As said, it is a Czech Vz32 helmet, this helmet was worn in the post war era. Slovakia became part of the Czechoslovakia at the end of the war.

These photos are from 1949

Personally, I think the story of the link to Soviet controlled Czechoslovakia questionable, the red star is on the back of the helmet, that’s a common mistake with these helmets, but the Czech army would know. (You can see the front rivet in the photos)
    Vz53 helmets can be found with red stars on the front these are either sprayed or stickers for parades.

They were used by many countries pre-war and during the war so I wouldn’t say it’s a definite fake but should be viewed with some skepticism, as is unfortunately the way in this hobby. Better photos will help generate more comments.

Steve

Interesting photos, looks like those troops are armed with Stg 44s.

?

Yes they are, the image came from this site.

Syrian Civil War: WWII weapons used – wwiiafterwwii

Haha sorry, the pointy part is around 4.4.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast