Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

New book on Soviet Visor Caps (furazhki) Now Available

Article about: Colleagues: I am proud to announce the publication of my new book: 50 Years Under the Red Star: The Definitive Guide to Soviet Soldier, Sailor and Airman Caps from WW2 to 1991. With 372-page

Default New book on Soviet Visor Caps (furazhki) Now Available

Colleagues:
    I am proud to announce the publication of my new book:

50 Years Under the Red Star: The Definitive Guide to Soviet Soldier, Sailor and Airman Caps from WW2 to 1991.

With 372-pages in full color, this hard-cover 8 1/2 x 11 book illustrates, describes and provides the history of EVERY model and style of furazhka and beskozirka worn by conscripts, extended servicemen and officers over this time period; as well as every version of cap cockade and emblem worn on those caps. To this end, the book contains over 800 photographs, scans and illustrations. While it does not cover general officers’ caps per se; I do compare and illustrate certain features of such caps in order to differentiate them from more junior officers.

If interested, or to find out more about the book and see sample pages; please go to my website:
    randallstewart@comcast.net.

I have also added 82 new caps and a couple dozen uniform items to my sales pages – also available off the above website.New book on Soviet Visor Caps (furazhki) Now Available

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New book on Soviet Visor Caps (furazhki) Now Available
    P
    Many

LTC, that looks fantastic--I wish I had the impetus to do one myself on German visors.
    Congrats, and I will definitely be ordering a copy...
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

?

Quote by stonemint View Post
    LTC, that looks fantastic--I wish I had the impetus to do one myself on German visors.
    Congrats, and I will definitely be ordering a copy...
    How big of a shove would you need?
    You should!

Very interesting LTC, By the cover alone it looks like it is a quality publications.
    Good Luck.

Semper Fi
    Phil

Excellent!
    I have emailed you

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Many congrats - a nice looking book.

?

Very interesting Sir. Do you cover many details around 1930s hasta 1945? I ask since i only focus on that part of the history.

Quote by TrondK View Post
    Very interesting Sir. Do you cover many details around 1930s hasta 1945? I ask since i only focus on that part of the history.
    The same goes for me. I am familiar with the website but only few wartime examples are shown. If plenty of wartime visors included in the book I will definitely buy the book. If the visors also depicted on the website are shown I have to pass.

?

Are details of stamps shown? For example Factories 23 Years of October/Red Warrior?

For Maker Marks, I would recommend the 2nd Edition of LTC Stewart's other book:

Soviet Uniform Visor Cap Markings - 2nd Edition: An Explanation of Manufacturers' Labels and Interior Stamps
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New book on Soviet Visor Caps (furazhki) Now Available  
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

I do discuss the evolution of these caps from the late 1700s, but only briefly until reaching 1941. I also have a section documenting the evolution of red star cockades from the 1920s. I also have a section on field caps that discusses the 1930s' evolutions. So, in short, yes, there are a number of references to 1930 cap developments, even though that is not the focus or majority of the book. Hope that satisfies.

- - ------- - -

I look forward to it!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast