Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Opinions on Ssh-40?

Article about: Hello! Someone I know was able to get this helmet in an auction for a pretty cheap price. I am wondering however on its authenticity so any help, advice, and opinions will be of great help.

Default Opinions on Ssh-40?

Hello!
    Someone I know was able to get this helmet in an auction for a pretty cheap price. I am wondering however on its authenticity so any help, advice, and opinions will be of great help. The number under the star stamp is 384, the 5 digit code seems to be 5-4445, the stamp makes me believe it's from 1948. The main thing that made me suspicious about it is the liner, while it has one of the patterns normally on a Soviet helmet, the color makes me think that this helmet is a repro. The next thing that made me suspicious was the quality of the strap.

I'm not an expert on the small details so any help and info would be appreciated, thanks!
    I can post more photos if needed.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Opinions on Ssh-40?   Opinions on Ssh-40?  

Opinions on Ssh-40?   Opinions on Ssh-40?  

Opinions on Ssh-40?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Opinions on Ssh-40?
    P
    Many

?

Good hat! Shell war-time produced of LMZ. LMZ, 1948, repair program "Restoration" - "P" in ink-stamp frame. The liner could be rearranged in the military unit later. Its appearance is more like from a set of spare repair parts.Opinions on Ssh-40?
    But in general, all parts are original and can be one set.