Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Original Budenovka?

Article about: Hi all! Is this original police budenovka. Sorry i cant have better pics now. Please awnser fast!

Default Original Budenovka?

Hi all!
    Is this original police budenovka. Sorry i cant have better pics now. Please awnser fast!
    Original Budenovka?Original Budenovka?Original Budenovka?Original Budenovka?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Original Budenovka?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Original Budenovka?

Looks post war.

Well good because somebody stealed the deal at last seconds. But i was getting it with 80 euros.

Do you think it would have been too high price?

I really don't know. I'm not good will cloth gear, only helmets firearms and blades. Sorry.

I don't think you missed anything judging from the poor quality images that the seller has shown in regards to his offering. So, your €80 has been spared this journey for another...

I suppose that this item was intended to represent a tankist's budionovka - The velvet star is questionable IMO - but what do I know?

However, the star-cockarde is a late 40s type.

I am unable to comment about the lining and the ink-stamp as again, the images are lousy...
    Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam!

The cockade is definitely NOT militia (police).

The black felt star would indicate that the wearer was a technical branch MOS (job), not Combat Arms. Combat Arms had either Red for general Army (this would have included Armor, and Artillery), Raspberry for Infantry, Royal Blue for Cavalry, medium green for NKVD frontier troops, or a Maroon for NKVD interior troops. These are the only color variations in felt star I have ever seen, or read of being referenced. The two most common colors seem to have been red, and Royal blue. The other colors seem to have been a local unit adaptation, not necessarily factory issue, except the NKVD versions.

I have also seen three different styles of stars cut from the felt. The most common, by far, being the normal five pointed star, making up 90%. The second making up less than 6% of all referenced versions was a six pointed "Star of David" style, and the smallest variant, being a four pointed star making up less than 2% of the referenced variants, with almost 3% having no felt star at all.

Hope this helps.

Boridin

?

Quote by Comrade View Post
    Hi all!
    Is this original police budenovka. Sorry i cant have better pics now. Please awnser fast!
    Original Budenovka?Original Budenovka?Original Budenovka?Original Budenovka?
    This helmet has nothing to do with police. This is really awkward attempt to made a copy of armor troops winter helmet.

Delirium
    ?

Quote by vvadim View Post
    This helmet has nothing to do with police. This is really awkward attempt to made a copy of armor troops winter helmet.
    Agreed. Red star is without any doubt new one. And "budenovka" is nice attemt to produce good repro