Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Panzerhelm RKKA, WW2

Article about: Panzerhelm RKKA, WW2 Hi all! Another of my attic finds. Soviet Panzerhelm, possibly a trophy of a German soldier. In my opinion, the Helmet has been lying around since the war, I think there

Default Panzerhelm RKKA, WW2

Panzerhelm RKKA, WW2
    Hi all! Another of my attic finds. Soviet Panzerhelm, possibly a trophy of a German soldier. In my opinion, the Helmet has been lying around since the war, I think there is no point in cleaning it.

Panzerhelm RKKA, WW2

Panzerhelm RKKA, WW2

Panzerhelm RKKA, WW2

Panzerhelm RKKA, WW2

Panzerhelm RKKA, WW2

Panzerhelm RKKA, WW2

Panzerhelm RKKA, WW2

Panzerhelm RKKA, WW2

Panzerhelm RKKA, WW2

Panzerhelm RKKA, WW2

Panzerhelm RKKA, WW2

Panzerhelm RKKA, WW2

Panzerhelm RKKA, WW2

Panzerhelm RKKA, WW2

Panzerhelm RKKA, WW2

Panzerhelm RKKA, WW2

Panzerhelm RKKA, WW2

Panzerhelm RKKA, WW2

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Panzerhelm RKKA, WW2
    P
    Many

Hello Andrii,

A beautiful M 1937 (38) tank helmet (танковый шлем ТУ 1937 г №213) with signs of wear.
    My advice is, do not clean or wash. Leave the tank helmet as it is.
    Is there still a stamp visible on the tank helmet? This is usually located on the neck flap. Sometimes also on the inside of the ear flaps.

Hello! Unfortunately, the ink stamp is practically no longer visible, but it was on the protective flap at the back of the helmet (protective flap from dirt). There really is no point in cleaning the helmet, but I found traces of a biological nature on it. The helmet was found in an old house in Austria with various belongings of a German soldier, most likely the helmet is a trophy of a German soldier. The helmet was not in anyone’s collection; it lay idle for 78 years

It remains a nice find.
    I cannot find out how and why the found WWII items ended up in the house in Austria.
    After WWII, Austria, like Germany, was divided into 4 Allied occupation zones. The Soviets had also occupied part of Austria and its capital Vienna. This occupation lasted until 1955. I myself have a number of Soviet WWII objects that come from Austria, but all this aside.

Your tank helmet, an M1937 № 213, type 2, was manufactured until the early 1950's. Unfortunately, without a (clear) stamp, such a helmet is difficult to date.
    Many of these helmets you come across are unstamped or the stamp has faded. The copies that still have a legible stamp were usually manufactured in factory № 7 in Gorky (Nizhny Novgorod).
    What is striking about your copy is that it has no holes for attaching throat microphones for the TPU tank intercom. This could indicate that the helmet may be an early war production!!!
    The buckles with a thorn, like on your tank helmet, are also more common in early productions.

Attached are two photos of a tank helmet M1937 № 213, type 2 with holes (see red arrows) for connecting throat microphones for the TPU tank intercom.

Panzerhelm RKKA, WW2

Panzerhelm RKKA, WW2

To give you an idea of the different versions of the Soviet WWII tank helmet that exist and how difficult it can be to determine its authenticity;
    WWII Soviet Tanker Helm (Springtime variant??) 1943 dated (picture heavy)