Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Possible Wartime Pilotka?

Article about: Hi everyone. I have found what seems to be a WWII Soviet Pilotka. I am in no way an expert on these, so I came here to see what you people thought. I have done a tad bit of research (as well

Default Possible Wartime Pilotka?

Hi everyone. I have found what seems to be a WWII Soviet Pilotka. I am in no way an expert on these, so I came here to see what you people thought. I have done a tad bit of research (as well as I have looked at previous examples posted here on the forum before). I think that this is a wartime pilotka, because the inner leather "strap" or lining (I suppose that is what you call it, sorry if I worded it wrongly) is a greyish-blue color, as I believe wartime Pilotkas are supposed to have. I also think it is the correct material, as it is thicker than the postwar examples that I have seen before. I also think that the star is wartime, but then again I can be wrong. I have found this thread on a wartime pilotka that seems very much like the one that I am looking at. "wartime pilotka?". I would love and very much appreciate if anyone had any input on this Pilotka, as any opinions would help. Thanks!

Possible Wartime Pilotka?Possible Wartime Pilotka?Possible Wartime Pilotka?Possible Wartime Pilotka?Possible Wartime Pilotka?Possible Wartime Pilotka?Possible Wartime Pilotka?Possible Wartime Pilotka?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Possible Wartime Pilotka?
    P
    Many

The pilotka as well as the star are post war. 34mm stars aren’t supposed to be put on pilotkas so I advise you to change it for a 24mm star.

Ah I see. Good thing I did not bid on it. Just so I know for the future, what told you that it was post war? Thanks.