Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Post War Tanker Helmet Availability

Article about: Hey everyone, I don’t know if this is the right place to ask. Although I’ve been on a search for a post War tank Helmet from the 1950s-1960s with the three bumps although they seem impos

Default Post War Tanker Helmet Availability

Hey everyone, I don’t know if this is the right place to ask. Although I’ve been on a search for a post War tank Helmet from the 1950s-1960s with the three bumps although they seem impossible to find one. If anyone could please help me out or point me in the right direction to help me find one, I’d appreciate it.
    Last edited by CCCP1917; 09-01-2020 at 11:04 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Post War Tanker Helmet Availability
    P
    Many

“Please” usually helps here......have you tried keying “Russian Tank Helmet” into EBay?

Yea I guess I should’ve said that, my apologies and yes I have. Although all that seems to pop up are just the 70s and 80s types helmets.
    Last edited by CCCP1917; 09-01-2020 at 11:12 PM. Reason: Misspelled

Hi- From my knowledge, the "3 Bumps" style was only used on wartime tanker helmets. Here's my wartime Tanker Helmet for example:

Post War Tanker Helmet AvailabilityPost War Tanker Helmet AvailabilityPost War Tanker Helmet Availability

Very nice helmet man! Although there actually were still three bump helmets used into the late 60s. Although they differed from ww2 model. There’s a 50s version which had the two side bumps in line with the forehead bump and the 60s one which had them going up the side. Then the mid to late 60s which are more known to be the 70s and 80s type began to be made with 4 bumps. The first picture shows two 50s era helmets and the second one shows a 4 bump helmet on the left and a three bump helmet on the right.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Post War Tanker Helmet Availability   Post War Tanker Helmet Availability  

Thanks. Oh yes, now that you mention it, I have seen this model before. I recall seeing one on eBay not long ago for sale.

....so now, after a bit of Post wording editing and a photo we know what you’re looking for. To be clear, you want a helmet like those shown in the first picture of the 2 pics you’ve shared in Post #5......correct?

You’ve opted to not tell us your location in your profile......which country are you in please?

Yes that’s correct a helmet like the 50s or 60s with three bumps would be preferable. I’m located in the US.

Thank you. I was hoping you wouldn’t be in the US....postage costs to the US are massive...

I’ll keep my eyes open but my gut feel is that postage costs will out-weigh purchase costs...

Good luck!

Yea they really are, although it just depends. Thank you as well for keeping an eye out, I appreciate the help!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast