Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Russian M36 Helmet

Article about: Hi Guys, I picked up what I think is a M36 but IDK about the liner. Is this correct for this helmet? Can you tell me what the numbers mean? Any help is appreciated. https://www.lakesidetrade

Default Russian M36 Helmet

Hi Guys, I picked up what I think is a M36 but IDK about the liner. Is this correct for this helmet? Can you tell me what the numbers mean? Any help is appreciated.
    https://www.lakesidetrader.com/pics/HE-34463d.jpg

Russian M36 Helmet
    Last edited by MAP; 12-14-2023 at 03:06 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Russian M36 Helmet
    P
    Many

Hello Paul or Nathan ...someone will be along shortly to answer your question..hang tight

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

It's a Russian M36 alright. The liner is not the one usually seen but Joseba has one on his site just like yours. As far as I can tell, it should be speculated that that type of liner is from M36s used in the Spanish civil war (the colour of your helmet fits that speculation too).
    Either way, a very nice helmet.

Many thanks

MAP
    ?

Added Photo to the OP's post.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Hi, nice helmet.
    The Ssh36 were manufactured from 1936 to 1939.
    The cold stamp indicated the size, the sideway number 1 was to separate the size from the batch number.
    Originally in 1936, that cold stamp was in the back of the helmet.
    Sometime in 1937 the sideways number 1 vanished & the stamping was moved on the side of the helmet.
    The stamping numbers are now perfectly aligned.
    Sometime in 1938 the cold stamp was moved again to the back of the helmet.
    Until the end of production in 1939 the stamping were again often misaligned.
    The location of the cold stamp can help identifying the manufacturing year of the helmet.
    More info:
    World War Helmets - Casque Ssh 36

Many thanks for that.