Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Russian SSH39 blue inside, green outside ?

Article about: I am not so familiar with russian helmets, but this helmet which I saw on a Dutch website took my special interest. Blue on the inside, green on the outside. I know that some helmets were us

Default Russian SSH39 blue inside, green outside ?

I am not so familiar with russian helmets, but this helmet which I saw on a Dutch website took my special interest. Blue on the inside, green on the outside. I know that some helmets were used by the German luftshutz when captured, but then I would expect the opposite : blue overpaint on the outside, green on the inside. How is this possible ?
    Forgive me the very bad pictures. I managed to download only one from the website, the rest I had to take a picture directly from the screen. But perhaps for the answer to the main question, this is not so important.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Russian SSH39 blue inside, green outside ?   Russian SSH39 blue inside, green outside ?  

Russian SSH39 blue inside, green outside ?   Russian SSH39 blue inside, green outside ?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Russian SSH39 blue inside, green outside ?
    P
    Many

This is not worth what is being asked on this website.

Russian SSH39 blue inside, green outside ?

Or you refer to the bad pictures, or you refer to my question. If it refers to the pictures, i hope someone can learn me to download pictures from a secured website (without giving the url because this is not an option). If it refers to my question, then I am sure most of the members here do not condemn stupid questions....

I put a better picture on the outside of the helmet. In my opinion, the helmet was ruined by removing the paint. A war-time trophy given to civil defense.

Estonian, my excuses !!!!!!....I totaly misunderstood your reaction...I thought that you were saying : 'this question is unworthy being asked on this site'.

?

Hi!
    For me it's a Russian helmet used by LS who was "clean" after war...
    Here a similar helmet but complet!

Best regards
    RZM

Dom
    ?

A helmet stripped with solvent without much success, more harm than good, it's a shame ...

I totally agree with Dom. Leave the helmet as it is. It is, after all, the history of the helmet.