MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

The sad fate of Soviet visors made from 1954-1969

Article about: I've noticed quite a common phenomenon within eBay and some other sites, This topic is about the fabricating of WW2 era visors whilst sacrificing an original cap. The process is a simple way

Default The sad fate of Soviet visors made from 1954-1969

I've noticed quite a common phenomenon within eBay and some other sites, This topic is about the fabricating of WW2 era visors whilst sacrificing an original cap. The process is a simple way to make a quick buck off an unsuspecting buyer and it is quite scandalous, Typically the process goes as follows.

1. Acquire a circular billed cap dating from the 1954-1969 period
    2. remove the bill and add a fake ww2 era "spade" style bill we all know from photos
    3. Remove the diamond shaped oilskin label and add a bogus stamp (The label is not always removed however)

This is truly quite a shame as this era of visors is still collectible (I collect them myself), the tampering with these caps really ruins them entirely and ends up getting sold for a price from anywhere in the 200$-500$ range

Below are some hilarious examples I found on eBay I wanted to share for reference

This first one was a cap of the tank/artillery branch From the Red Warrior factory, now permanently ruined by someone wanting to make scrupulous money

This second cap is from that of a Special troops conscript is also from the Red Warrior factory in Moscow, also unfortunately ruined. You can even see the date intentionally scratched out.

I thought it was a good idea to bring this scammers practice into recent light, Thank you all for reading.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement The sad fate of Soviet visors made from 1954-1969
    P
    Many

It is ridiculous indeed that good historical items are being ruined by greedy scum. These bastards don't deserve the air they breath.

Hi,

Very good topics and a real problem.

I therefor think it will now decrease as the shape, even if similar, is different and can be recognised.
    As well, the post war caps are not that easy to find are are collected so the need to alter them is decreasing.

Another tip concerning alterations is those who will try to convert the 45° visor into and flat visor. Mostly the case for post 1948 cap still with spade visors.

Bruno

Yes. The only type of caps I see in the future being continued with this process are that of the Border Guard and the NKVD Blue topped cap, Albeit the NKVD caps mostly had spade bills these two caps are highly sought after with ww2 era dates, even the postwar ones are quite pricey these days. Let us hope this practice fades out regardless.

I see this a lot with the caps listed on ebay. Spenwill73, I thought I was the only one who collected Soviet caps from the 1950s. Would love to see some of your collection!

Gladly! just give me an outlet to contact you and I'd be more than happy to show you. you can pm me on here if you'd like.

Hello

It might be interesting to get specific posts on post war Fourajka like the M55, M69, M75 or m89

Best

Bruno

Very sad indeed, i recently got more into Soviet Collecting and i quiet like the Post WW2 uniforms. Very much worth being collected.

Post war is still an inetresting peace of history if we consider Prague, Budapest, the Berlin wall and Afghanistan.

A lot to cover and quite a large variety

Bruno

Are you referring to fakes of these model of cap? I see them less often

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast