MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Soviet Air Force (VVS) Visor Cap Verification, help!

Article about: Hello, All. I recently came by this... Rather unusual cap. Reason I say that is because it should be obvious. I'm wondering if the cap itself is real, I DO know that the cockade probably sho

Default Soviet Air Force (VVS) Visor Cap Verification, help!

Hello, All. I recently came by this... Rather unusual cap. Reason I say that is because it should be obvious. I'm wondering if the cap itself is real, I DO know that the cockade probably shouldn't be there but my question is if it's authentic and if Soviet troops were allowed to remove the stiffener from the visor cap, my guess if they weren't would be that someone along the line removed it. But any thoughts and concerns would be nice!
    Soviet Air Force (VVS) Visor Cap Verification, help!Soviet Air Force (VVS) Visor Cap Verification, help!Soviet Air Force (VVS) Visor Cap Verification, help!Soviet Air Force (VVS) Visor Cap Verification, help!Soviet Air Force (VVS) Visor Cap Verification, help!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Soviet Air Force (VVS) Visor Cap Verification, help!
    P
    Many

Cap is original, manufactured in 1977 by the Garment manufacturing union of Knyagininio, Gorky region of Russia. Although unfortunately has been tampered with. This cap appears to be an air force officer's service cap but the cockade was changed to a parade emblem. I do not think the Stiffening band on the cap was permitted to be taken out as evidenced by countless photos I have seen. the "Made in Russia" Stamp is also bogus and I cannot fathom why anybody would ever decide to add this.. If I were you I would pass on this cap and get a nicer one on eBay, they pop up all the time.