Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Soviet M36 steelhelmet, early

Article about: This is my choise-one from the 48 pieces, recieved by me more than 10 years ago. This one was the best than others, and I kept it for my own collection. I think it's so hard to find a nice e

?

Default Re: Soviet M36 steelhelmet, early

Quote by Pawlito View Post
    Here is my one, made 1940, painted with the same paint as the Ssh-39 and without the star on the front.
    A very nice one, by regulation of 1940 year, the stars no more stenciled to the helmets. Your is very nice and very rare one!
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Soviet M36 steelhelmet, early
    P
    Many

Barnacle Wharf Trading co. (BFW) Ohio, used to sell these years ago. 70s I think. I tried to buy one and alas too late. No more left in stock!
    I was so sad. Price was around $20 dollars I seem to remember. I knew I would regret not jumping when they first went on sale.

The used to issue a printout catalog with like twenty or thirty pages (pre internet days). Look at the prices now!!

Cheers for the olden days,

-Jaeger

Johnny Havock,

I'm still hooked. I know I 'll eventually get one of them, even a shell would be great. I fact during WWII the troops would remove most of he liner so that their cold weather shapka could fit inside!

cheers,

-Rob

?

Hi Dimas,

A few years ago you and Michael Baskette helped me with this helmet.
    As I recall you mentionned that it may have been relined during the seige of Leningrad.
    I have not been back to this Forum for a while and I see that you have a thread going on this subject so I thought that I would jump in.

1939 dated.

In the photo below I don't remember if I was using the helmet as a photo prop for the guns or the guns as a prop for the helmet.

David

?

Sorry for the additional photos.
    I think these photos show a more accurate view of the color and finish on this 1939 dated helmet.

David

Superb example of a wartime reline. Many in the discovered lot that most of these helmets come from are really trashed on the interior.

I bought recently a ssh36 as well, only shell and no liner, paint is almost gone, but i can not find any stamps anymore or any stamps in the steel shell itself...Where al helmets marked in the steel itself??

Hello

I am not familiar with these stamps but its still nice to see a size 4. Quite unusual and something that will desapear from the next models

Bruno

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4