Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Soviet tank helmet

Article about: Hello, I have been sent these pictures of a tank helmet for sale. Now obviously the pictures are awful, and it may be that nobody can tell me anything from them, but just on the off chance c

Default Soviet tank helmet

Hello, I have been sent these pictures of a tank helmet for sale. Now obviously the pictures are awful, and it may be that nobody can tell me anything from them, but just on the off chance can anybody determine the authenticity, and if this is likely to be a wartime piece based on these abysmal pictures? I understand that this type with three tubes across the top is broadly of the wartime pattern, but that some postwar types also had them. Any help would be appreciated.

Doug
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Soviet tank helmet   Soviet tank helmet  

Soviet tank helmet   Soviet tank helmet  

Soviet tank helmet  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Soviet tank helmet
    P
    Many

I know its not easy without good pictures, but can anyone tell me anything about this helmet? Any help at all would be greatly appreciated.

looks like wartime construction, but you are correct, similar were produced just post-war as well. my rule of thumb with Soviet militaria is that if i don't see a date stamp i tend to stay away, unless it has solid provenance or the construction is war time only.

regarding this helmet, i would definitely take a chance on it if the price is not too dear. i see that its condition is not great either so maybe you can talk the seller down a bit. good luck and please post good pics if and when in hand

p.s. the date/factory stamp on these should be on the inside of the semi-circle flap folded and buttoned up at the back of the helmet. cheers!

The helmet was sold to someone else but I am grateful for the help, thank you everybody.