Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Soviet visor hats construction: how to recognize war time issue?

Article about: Here I will show some of available at the moment visorhat sweatbands. This one is made of canvas similar to tankman helmets cloth, covered with artificial leather. The visor cap is M35 infan

?

Default Re: Soviet visor hats sweatbands

Postwar with its stamped trough ribs and darkbrown color in the back part
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Soviet visor hats construction: how to recognize war time issue?   Soviet visor hats construction: how to recognize war time issue?  

Soviet visor hats construction: how to recognize war time issue?   Soviet visor hats construction: how to recognize war time issue?  

Attached Images Attached Images Soviet visor hats construction: how to recognize war time issue?  Soviet visor hats construction: how to recognize war time issue? 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Soviet visor hats construction: how to recognize war time issue?
    P
    Many

?

Here is a couple of examples
    First is 1950-s shiny sweatband
    and "transititonal" with first look light grey not shiny artificial leather, but the base is not good, darkbrown, hard, ribed type ( on the 1951 dated NKVD M35 visored hat)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Soviet visor hats construction: how to recognize war time issue?   Soviet visor hats construction: how to recognize war time issue?  

Attached Images Attached Images Soviet visor hats construction: how to recognize war time issue? 

?

One more "transititional" example, the sweatband has old bulbs drawing on the hard rib with dark brown back. 1950 armored personnel M 35 cap

?

Another good view of the mint pilotkas, sweatband, Red Warrior 1955 year
    Attached Images Attached Images Soviet visor hats construction: how to recognize war time issue?  Soviet visor hats construction: how to recognize war time issue? 

?

I prefer the hats with typical ( showed in post 2 and 3) sweatbands, with round visors. Preferably NCO's caps in cotton/beize construction.
    Also I like the early caps which is made in wool, (сукно-sukno in Russian) the early ones is bright and nice quality cloth, I like them too.
    The main differences between war time and post war visorhats is angled and more bended visor.
    This is my point. Of course the best of the best is a touch the item, every original item has it's own character and you will feel it. Anyway you have a good chance to show your item here and you will got honestly opinion.
    In the posts over what I've write here- this is only my opinion, I say- I have seen a lot of original caps but never all types. And cannot say that this cannot be original because I've never seen one like that...

Quote by Dimas View Post
    Here is one private purchased "Tashkent's army" field design M 40 visor's sweatband
    Dimas,

Is the paper edge binding on this sweatband limited to wartime production?

Mike

?

Quote by Wesley's Dad View Post
    Dimas,

Is the paper edge binding on this sweatband limited to wartime production?

Mike
    No, this is just the "hand" of some of the small factories-artels and private purchased items ( some time early items can be seen by moscvoshvei- which is not small), due of hard ? tehnology. But this ends in 1947 year, IMHO, because last seen examples with dates was dated 1947. Most of them of course is pre-war time, but this is not a point to call them pre 1945.

poppo
    ?

Hi Dimas
    Can you help me with this sweatband??
    Is it russian wartime type?
    Thanks

Soviet visor hats construction: how to recognize war time issue?   Soviet visor hats construction: how to recognize war time issue?  

Quote by poppo View Post
    Hi Dimas
    Can you help me with this sweatband??
    Is it russian wartime type?
    Thanks
    Is that a GERMAN cap?
    Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam!

poppo
    ?

Quote by RichieC View Post
    Is that a GERMAN cap?
    Yes it is!
    It's an Alter art german cap !
    Someone told me that is a russian type sweatband!
    I would like to know if the sweatband is a ww2 period or not?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast