Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ssh-39 "MP"

Article about: Hey everyone, seller says "MP" is probably East German military police after the war, while I appreciate that theory I just find it improbable, and a search for East German MP onli

Default Ssh-39 "MP"

Hey everyone, seller says "MP" is probably East German military police after the war, while I appreciate that theory I just find it improbable, and a search for East German MP online shows nothing like this. Anyone have any idea what MP might mean on an Ssh-39? Who knows, maybe he's right. I also know that if it's cyrillic, it's pronounced MR.

Kevin

Ssh-39 "MP"Ssh-39 "MP"Ssh-39 "MP"Ssh-39 "MP"Ssh-39 "MP"Ssh-39 "MP"Ssh-39 "MP"

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ssh-39 "MP"
    P
    Many

?

I know it has ruined an otherwise gorgeous helmet..

Seem that it was used as a toy after the war, because the letters seem very unprofessional painted and reminds me of unit numbers often found in SSH-40 helmets of postwar reissue. I like the liner. If the Price is right try to remove the MP
    BR and Merry Cristmas from Munic
    Bavarian

Double Post

Despite the lettering I would definitely have this in my collection

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

hello,
    very nice helmet!
    No chance that MP is from the DDR.
    The white paint can be removed with a lot of patience, I already managed to remove a fake red star on a helmet.

Original Lysva or LMZ with remnants of Gralex liner super nice remove that MP and you've got one cracking red army helmet.

Nice helmet. This helmet does not seem to me to be East German used. As far as I know, after the war SSh-39 helmets (helmet shell) were only used in the Soviet Union by the Civil Defense or soldiers in training (учебный). The characters on the helmet could be Cyrillic. After some searching I found some official WWII Soviet military abbreviations;

Мастерская Ремонтная - Repair Shop
    Механизированный Раз'езд - Mechanized Patrol
    Минометная Рота - Mortar Company
    Моторизованная Рота - Motorized Company.

It is just an assumption, but do not remove the characters on the helmet too quickly.

Asjemenou, thanks so much for taking the time to look up these cyrillic possibilities, one of them might just be it. I agree with you about leaving it, maybe 20 years from now I’ll find an old photo that explains it.

Kevin

I agree, do not remove it! I´ve seen a lot of Original SSh40s with more unprofessional looking stencils... It def. has some age to it and the helmet is nice in any case, great find!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast