Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ssh-40

Article about: Ssh-40 has the remains of several repaints, the main color is khaki, after it is white with a red stripe and a star (traffic control) and another dark green. Ink stamp Lysva - 1942 or 43 Cou

?

Default Ssh-40

Ssh-40 has the remains of several repaints, the main color is khaki, after it is white with a red stripe and a star (traffic control) and another dark green.
    Ink stamp Lysva - 1942 or 43

Could the helmet have this white color in wartime or repainted after the Warsaw Pact?

Ssh-40Ssh-40Ssh-40Ssh-40Ssh-40

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ssh-40
    P
    Many

I’ve never seen a wartime photo of a helmet with this paint, has anyone else? Kevin

I vaguely remember seeing a photo from a traffic controller in or near Warsaw wearing such a painted helmet, not long after the liberation of the city. If this helmet shown here is original I don't know. I have doubts but I leave that up to more experienced collectors.

?

The helmet is original, it is without a doubt.
    I wonder if such a paint scheme can be in wartime?

Yes, that helmet is definitely original wartime, but until I see a wartime picture with that paint, I’m sticking with the white paint being postwar. Almost adds to the story of it and makes it cooler, though. One question I have on it: is that a metal tip on the end of the white chinstrap? I think I barely see a piece of one, and I thought all the white chinstraps didn’t have the metal tip. Transitional maybe? Kevin

?

Hello again Kevin
    Yes, there is a metal tip. I’m not sure if it’s a transitional chin strap or has been replaced. A lot of time has passed.
    Vitaly

Soviet army traffic controller, after ww2

Ssh-40

That is the first photo you get when searching Red Army traffic controller on google. A bit more background info is missing with that photo unfortunately.

Hello Vitaly,

In my opinion this traffic controller color scheme is postwar, from the 60s. I think this topic was already discussed on the helmet section in an old thread, take a look.

Nice helmet

Best regards
    Gabriele

Found this info so far which confirms being postwar:

Warsaw Pact "Military Police"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast