Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SSH 40? Odd liner solid red star

Article about: by Dom Hello Jim, Have you another number to "4261" (1, 2 or 3) The strike is much lighter on the left than on the right and I can't make out any other numbers - in fact, I am not

Default SSH 40? Odd liner solid red star

I picked this up about 8 years ago. Not really sure about it, the liner has a clothe sweat band and oil cloth sack - reversed due to supply issues when made (?), a web chinstrap, what appears to be mid war dark green repaint, and a solid Red Star on the forehead. No ink stamps visible anywhere, but a small 5 pointed star on the under side of the visor and what looks to be "4261" stamped on the rear underside of the apron. I think it is WWII, but am not by any means knowledgeable about Soviet headgear. Any comments are welcome. Thanks in advance, Jim G.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SSH 40?  Odd liner solid red star   SSH 40?  Odd liner solid red star  

SSH 40?  Odd liner solid red star   SSH 40?  Odd liner solid red star  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SSH 40?  Odd liner solid red star
    P
    Many

Default Re: SSH 40? Odd liner solid red star

More pictures, couldn't load all at one time. Jim G.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SSH 40?  Odd liner solid red star   SSH 40?  Odd liner solid red star  

SSH 40?  Odd liner solid red star  

Hi Jim, the shell is the Ssh39 pattern due to the high placed rivets. The Ssh40 has them lower down the shell.

I have never seen a liner made like this before. I also have concerns regarding the die stamped star and lot serial number. I have a feeling this is a Czech helmet which has been played with.

Cheers, Ade.

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi Jim, the shell is the Ssh39 pattern due to the high placed rivets. The Ssh40 has them lower down the shell.

I have never seen a liner made like this before. I also have concerns regarding the die stamped star and lot serial number. I have a feeling this is a Czech helmet which has been played with.

Cheers, Ade.
    Thanks Ade. I guess I should stay in an area where I have some experience. When I pulled this one off of the shelf this morning I had my doubts. Shortly after I bought this one I bought another "SSH 40", relying on poor pictures, and received a Polish lid. Finally 3 years ago I scored a correct SSH39 reissued with a Luftschutz decal. That one I know is right. I will post it sometime soon. Thanks again for the information. Cheers, Jim G.

?

Closeups of a liner and a the place where chinstrap connected needed
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Dimas, I will add more pictures in separate posts as I get an error message if I attached too many to one post. Thanks for your help. Jim G.

A few more to come. Jim G.

Dimas, Do you need any more or better shots? Thanks again, Jim G.

Dom
    ?

Hello Jim,

Have you another number to "4261" (1, 2 or 3)

Dom
    ?

On an Ssh39 connection is square , like this:

Pics ??????

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast