Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

SSH39 opinions

Article about: WOndering what the resident experts think of this helmet. THe stamping looks a little fresh to me.

Default SSH39 opinions

WOndering what the resident experts think of this helmet. THe stamping looks a little fresh to me.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SSH39 opinions
    P
    Many

Wish I could help decisively! here's mine for a liner comparison.

Mouser, it's hard for me to say I like that helmet because it looks so new, but I actually do like it. I'll try to make a few points to support it being authentic:

1) I agree the ink stamp looks really fresh, but compare it to the one below from Karabanov's book. That one is also fresh, and actually has the same breaks on the right and left sides of the "frame" of the stamp. Also the fonts and spacing are very similar. I guess it's possible to fake one that well, but it would be extremely difficult.
    2) Punched stamp in the metal looks good
    3) Other larger-font ink stamps next to the date stamp look typical for these helmets
    4) If I'm not mistaken, the 3K0 helmets from '40 and '41 don't have the same metal tip on the chinstrap that the LMZ helmets have (as pictured by Rene), even with this type of oval-shaped liner, so the fact that yours doesn't have that metal tip and is from 3K0 gives it credibility to me
    5) Liner really looks so new I'm having difficulty believing it's real, but the stitching and material (canvas and gralex) look better than the well-done reproductions I've seen. I guess there's a first for everything, but I haven't seen the fakes done that well yet.

I give it two thumbs up.

Kevin

SSH39 opinions

?

Zoom in on this part of the shell.SSH39 opinions

Quote by mixer View Post
    Zoom in on this part of the shell.SSH39 opinions
    May I ask why? for information.

?

An area of ​​the color layer that is worn or tinted may be an indication that a repair ink stamp has been removed. But in general, the helmet is similar to the truth

Also the inner shell paint looks like a different color where the hole at top of the liner is. Any comments on that?

Dom
    ?

Quote by themouser View Post
    Also the inner shell paint looks like a different color where the hole at top of the liner is. Any comments on that?
    What do you think about exterior paint ??