Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Are there remnants of winter camo on this Ssh-36?

Article about: Hi all. I have two questions regarding this Ssh-36. First of all, I'd like to say that there is no doubt in my mind that this is an authentic late war production Ssh-36 (due to lack of any r

Default Are there remnants of winter camo on this Ssh-36?

Hi all. I have two questions regarding this Ssh-36. First of all, I'd like to say that there is no doubt in my mind that this is an authentic late war production Ssh-36 (due to lack of any remnant of a star on the front). But, I did notice that on the bottom half of the helmet, there is what seems to be remnants of some sort of white-wash winter camo. I believe it to be just that, as you can also see specks of white paint all across the top part of the helmet. I messaged the seller and asked if it was perhaps dust on the bottom or if it was white paint, and he said it was not dust. He also said that quote "I do not believe it is white paint, but a lighter color IMO", not sure what he meant by that.

My second question is about the liner. From these pictures alone, it seems to be an original in very good condition. But, I do know that some repro liners have that soviet olive-green fabric (granted, some originals also have this colored fabric). I have already messaged him today asking for better pics, and should hopefully receive them by tomorrow.

Are there remnants of winter camo on this Ssh-36?Are there remnants of winter camo on this Ssh-36?Are there remnants of winter camo on this Ssh-36?Are there remnants of winter camo on this Ssh-36?Are there remnants of winter camo on this Ssh-36?Are there remnants of winter camo on this Ssh-36?Are there remnants of winter camo on this Ssh-36?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Are there remnants of winter camo on this Ssh-36?
    P
    Many

Not winter camo imo. That is just wishful thinking. Looks like age got a hold of it from being stored in an attic or barn.

Dom
    ?

If that can reassure you, really unfortunate for the chinstrap but the liner is authentic .

As already said by fellow colleagues:
    1) definitely not a white-washed.
    2) liner looks good.
    So... Will you buy it?

?

Here's an example that's been painted green (twice) then white washed, then painted green again (for comparison).

Are there remnants of winter camo on this Ssh-36?

Quote by Gabriele View Post
    As already said by fellow colleagues:
    1) definitely not a white-washed.
    2) liner looks good.
    So... Will you buy it?
    I am definitely considering this helmet, especially because it has remnants of chinstrap (although it was sadly severed ) and has the full liner in amazing condition. And yes, I do suppose I am an optimist so I was wistfully thinking that it was winter camo

Thank you all so so very much for all of your valuable information regarding this helmet. If I am not able to score that first Leningrad Ssh-36 I posted, then I will for sure try and get this, as I think that this would be a great Ssh-36 for my collection, especially as my first Ssh-36 example.
    Last edited by PapaStalin1943; 04-08-2020 at 06:03 PM.

Jan
    ?

Nice helmet (camo or not). Here's my winter camo for comparison.

Best, Jan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Are there remnants of winter camo on this Ssh-36?   Are there remnants of winter camo on this Ssh-36?  

Attached Images Attached Images Are there remnants of winter camo on this Ssh-36? 

Quote by PapaStalin1943 View Post
    I am definitely considering this helmet, especially because it has remnants of chinstrap (although it was sadly severed ) and has the full liner in amazing condition. And yes, I do suppose I am an optimist so I was wistfully thinking that it was winter camo

Thank you all so so very much for all of your valuable information regarding this helmet. If I am not able to score that first Leningrad Ssh-36 I posted, then I will for sure try and get this, as I think that this would be a great Ssh-36 for my collection, especially as my first Ssh-36 example.
    Hope you get either helmets!

Quote by RobloxHelmets View Post
    Hope you get either helmets!
    It is just a matter of pressing the BUY button. Eternal doubts never buy items.

Quote by Marcel Banziger View Post
    It is just a matter of pressing the BUY button. Eternal doubts never buy items.
    The helmet I posted this thread is in an auction, and I am trying to negotiate with the Blokadnik helmet seller, as his asking price is too high.

Edit: How much would you guys pay for this helmet? I know this is a question that is kind of looked down upon on this forum, but I am genuinely curious. I think $300? Although I have been looking at the going prices of dozens of these helmets, it still seems that the prices of these greatly vary, with some going for $250, and others going for $450+

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast