Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Unusual Furazhka

Article about: Hello all. I thought I'd share some pics of this unusual 'Stalinka' furazhka for comment. It does not seem to be of the traditional cut. There is no seem down the front of the crown and the

?

Default Unusual Furazhka

Hello all.

I thought I'd share some pics of this unusual 'Stalinka' furazhka for comment.

It does not seem to be of the traditional cut. There is no seem down the front of the crown and the peek is not especially square.

The sweat band is of a thin yellow fabric. The lining is the familiar blue/grey type. There are traces of a paper label inside.

The star is actually from a pilotka and has been fixed by bending a prong around the chinstrap (oxidisation shows it has been there a while). Curious that it isn't fixed through the fabric but I suppose nobody likes metal poking into their heads.

My theories are that is either an artel made cap or a civil one for a kolkhoznik. Its been well worn either way!

Any ideas?

Unusual Furazhka

Unusual Furazhka

Unusual Furazhka

Unusual Furazhka

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Unusual Furazhka
    P
    Many

Hello,

Indeed the style is quite funny, I think that's a civilian model not military.

?

German Rote Frontkampferbund?

Quote by Bagration View Post
    Hello,

Indeed the style is quite funny, I think that's a civilian model not military.
    I agree. These were very popular with the civilian population well into the 1960s , many of whom were former soldiers.
    Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam!

CBH
    ?

Is there any logo on the back of the buttons .

Dom
    ?

Quote by Boycie View Post
    Hello all.

I thought I'd share some pics of this unusual 'Stalinka' furazhka for comment.
    Hi ,

I would say "Lenin's style"

lenin pictures

Yes it has the same style like Lenin´s hat. Its not a classic officer visor cap. This type evolved from the Newsboy cap, which was often wearing by the English laboring classes since the 19th century. Im pretty sure the shown item is made after war, maybe for movies. It has an antique touch, but the leather sweatband has the same condition like the repro Wehrmacht liner. And imo someone has removed forcibly the inner label to hide its real age.

?

Thanks All for the responses.

I don't think there is anything suspicious here or intended to deceive as to provenance; the sewn in label is the first thing to go when I get a new beret and the spread of head transferred grime is consistent.

I have never seen a repro wehrmacht sweatband but this one is definitely not leather.

This one is likely to remain a mystery but the level of grubbiness points to the kolkhoz theory.

In the meantime, it makes for a very plausible 1920s cavalry look so i'll move it closer to my Bolo C96!

Unusual Furazhka

Unusual Furazhka