Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Is it a WW2 russian helmet? Please, need opinions

Article about: Hi, in your opinion is this a russian ww2 helmet? Could it be a camo color for snow? Can the leather interior (Italian type m.33) be corrected? Or is it all post-war? Please I need your opin

Default Is it a WW2 russian helmet? Please, need opinions

Hi,
    in your opinion is this a russian ww2 helmet? Could it be a camo color for snow? Can the leather interior (Italian type m.33) be corrected?
    Or is it all post-war?
    Please I need your opinions.
    Thank you in advanced
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Is it  a WW2 russian helmet? Please, need opinions   Is it  a WW2 russian helmet? Please, need opinions  

Is it  a WW2 russian helmet? Please, need opinions   Is it  a WW2 russian helmet? Please, need opinions  

Is it  a WW2 russian helmet? Please, need opinions   Is it  a WW2 russian helmet? Please, need opinions  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Is it  a WW2 russian helmet? Please, need opinions
    P
    Many

The shell looks like a ssh39. The liner is odd.

Thanks Paul kennedy. On a international website I found this image of a WW2 russian helmet and caption says:
    "Ssh39 soviet helmet (LMZ), early " Blokadnik" made in blockaded Leningrad in 1941. Helmet with first type liner, very hard to find today."
    The liner seem like mine...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Is it  a WW2 russian helmet? Please, need opinions  

Interesting. That first type liner has seven tongues. The white helmet has eight.

Yes, correct! Can be the differnt size?

On the website " Cascos del siglo XX" in spanish language, I saw these photos of liners with 8 tongues--

I'm confused, and about the rest of helmet? Color, chinstrap etc.?
    Thank you very much
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Is it  a WW2 russian helmet? Please, need opinions   Is it  a WW2 russian helmet? Please, need opinions  

Based on the examples in Ivan Karabanov's book, there are even SSH-39 helmets with a graylex liner consisting of 9 tongues. There is also a difference between the chin straps.
    Whether your helmet could be a so-called "Blokadnik", I dare not say. Most "Blokadniks" I have seen were provided with a so-called second type stocking liner.
    The SSH-39 helmet was first used during the Finnish-Soviet winter war of 1939-40. Your helmet has white camouflage so who knows.

Can you also post pictures of the outside of the liner. How is the liner attached to the steel helmet?

Here is one with 9 tongues and four with 7. The first two helmets are dated ‘39, the last three are dated ‘40.

It’s possible that the third one might have had an eighth tongue right at the very back and it was cut off for some reason, but it’s hard to tell for sure. It’s the only one that’s a size 3 (the ink is a factory misprint, the shell says 3), the rest are size 2.

The OP’s helmet looks great to me, from my experience it’s OK to have, 7, 8, or 9 tongues in these early liners.

Kevin

Is it  a WW2 russian helmet? Please, need opinions

Nice examples.
    Do the helmets all have the same liner attachment? Including the white felt?

Thanks, yes the attachment method appears to be identical on all of them, including the white felt. Kevin

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast