Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Buckle ID help

Article about: Hi all, I'm new to the forum but have done some research on this belt. I got this buckle from my grandmother, and was just wondering if someone could help give me an idea of what it's worth.

Default Buckle ID help

Hi all, I'm new to the forum but have done some research on this belt. I got this buckle from my grandmother, and was just wondering if someone could help give me an idea of what it's worth. I know its a two piece aluminum buckle that I believe is a parade version. It doesn't have any maker markings on the back.

A few other questions also, does the fact that the belt is a little rough especially on the inside detract from its' value? Can i do something about cleaning or reconditioning it or will that detract from the value or hurt it? I'm not planning on selling it, just wondering what it' s worth. Any other information on it would be very helpful. Thanks!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Buckle ID help   Buckle ID help  

Buckle ID help   Buckle ID help  

Buckle ID help  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Buckle ID help
    P
    Many

Default Re: Buckle ID help

Hi Adam and welcome to the forum you are correct and have a two piece Heer parade buckle and belt. Belt has a nice maker mark though looks creased on the outside and the felt inner liner is coming away. Not great value to it but if given by Grandmother then I would personally keep it.
    Ben

BTW I would polish the outside of the belt with boot polish, help keep the leather supple if not already dry and hard
    Ben

Thanks for the reply. My grandmother actually didn't really know she was giving it to me at first. We were cleaning out her basement and she didnt even realize she had it. Long story short, she didnt want it and said I could have it. How much is "not worth much"? Either way your right, I wont be selling it, I just want to have a number in my mind for peace of mind. Thanks!

?

Quote by adaml23 View Post
    ... How much is "not worth much"?...
    Adam, the number behind that could be about USD 150.

Regards,
    Guido

Thanks! Do you guys do anything special for displaying these or any other relics? just wondering. Right now its just sitting on my desk...pics of your collections and how you have them displayed would be neat to see.