Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

GOTT MIT UNS Belt & Buckle - Real or Fake

Article about: Hi guys new to this forum but really enjoying all the cool pictures and advice, last year i purchased a box of mixed militaria from a car boot sale and found this German WW2 Belt inside. on

Default Re: GOTT MIT UNS Belt & Buckle - Real or Fake

You could also have a look through the M4 and non M4 makers list, if your buckle is original you may see it in there?
    Ben

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement GOTT MIT UNS Belt & Buckle - Real or Fake
    P
    Many

CountryGirl
    ?

I have a similar buckle that I found in a box of my grandpa's things. He taught the french how to fly in WW2, but I don't really know to much about his efforts in the war since he died while I was still in college.
    I looked on ebay and saw that the buckle is pretty common, but what is the story behind how American soldiers came to posses them? Mine has clearly been cut away from the leather strap of the belt, most of the others on ebay look like they were also.
    If anyone could help explain why my grandpa would have one of these kept in his box of boot shinning equipment it'd be appreciated.

In answer to your question these were "trophies of war" the buckles were taken from dead German soldiers, either clean or cut off with a knife. Under the Geneva convention it was illegal to take a persons belt and buckle as a prisoner of war, it might have happened and they got buckles that way or the German soldier might have even give away his buckle for a packet of smokes. A stark reality of war I'm afraid! BTW welcome to the forum
    Ben

waderaid80
    ?

Hello was just wanting to know if you would be able to tell me if this is authentic or a reproducion.. or how i could find out.. thanks for any infoAttachment 352055Attachment 352056

Looks ok from the pics provided but better pics would be needed to confirm
    Ben

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2