Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Heer buckles x3

Article about: JP, nice buckles mate, can you take a pic of the rear of the unmarked buckle please?

Default Re: Heer buckles x3

JP, nice buckles mate, can you take a pic of the rear of the unmarked buckle please?
    Ben

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer buckles x3
    P
    Many

Quote by Ben Evans View Post
    JP, nice buckles mate, can you take a pic of the rear of the unmarked buckle please?

Hello Ben,
    the rear of the unmarked buckle is pictured in the issue of the magazine i sent to you last week. It is on page 67, the top buckle on the left, with aluminium prongs....If a closer view is needed, i'll make a new pic ASAP.

For those interested to see both belt & buckle and helmet, here is a photo of this touching items. The helmet is a M35 ex-DD with its original chinstrap
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heer buckles x3  

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

A closer pic would be nice JP if possible, and the tab where the makers mark should be, I might get a letter to get a clue, the eagle is not familiar to me, I looked at all of mine as well!
    Ben

I'll try to post it tomorrow...
    thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :

Hello again,
    here is a closer view of the reverse...and one showing the faint markings on the leather tab...i'm sure you can do it Ben...
    The next buckle is my tropical Heer, well used, with still some good paint.
    It has no maker mark...is it too used to find out about it ?
    The last one is also well used and a bit rusty. It is a Berg & Nultea from 1942
    More to come soon...
    thanks!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heer buckles x3   Heer buckles x3  

Heer buckles x3   Heer buckles x3  

Heer buckles x3   Heer buckles x3  

In Memoriam :

The Berge & nolte is nice JP, the tropical looks like a Haarmann but the other one is really interesting, it could be a maker I have not seen yet, canb you rub some talcom powder into the lettrering JP and see if it stands out anymore?
    Ben

Hello Ben,
    thanks for the infos.
    I'm afraid that i'm in trouble now. I now have a dilemna because of this buckle. I would like to know which maker it is especially if you can find a new maker who remained unknown to you until now...but in another hand i'm a bit annoyed if i have to drop some talcom powder on the leather tab of the buckle that belonged to a KIA young soldier. I mean, none of my mannequins wears this belt & buckle, it is displayed near the helmet in a cabinet. The less i touch these items, the best it is, just a question of respect. A young guy on duty has been killed while wearing it, so i would feel unconfortable to "mess" with it. It goes beyond buckle collecting my friend. I hope you understand...
    I'll have a look again on the leather tab, under magnification if necessary, i'll do my best to help you, maybe with new photos from another angle...
    Thanks mate...

In Memoriam :

No probs JP, I will keep cross referencing the buckle with data I have, I am a bit busy at the mo with work, but I am sure we can crack this maker
    Ben

JP, can you help with any of the lettering in the name or town? The first line I can see I think J. P and in the place or town of make it looks like an N near the end, can you spell out what you can see, example if I did my name B_N E_ANS. If we have a starting point it will give us a fighting chance
    Ben

Hello Ben,
    I thought to do that as well...

maker : J (space) P (or) H . A . . LL . E it is very hard to decipher

for the town, it is almost impossible to see anything, except the end : EIEN

not sure it will make things easier through
    Here are two new pics showing the eagle's head

front and back
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heer buckles x3   Heer buckles x3  

Last edited by JPhilip; 08-20-2008 at 10:45 PM.

In Memoriam :

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast