Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Heer tropical tab

Article about: Hi Guys. I found these two for sale recently online. The seller wants \\$300 for both buckles and the belt, but I really only want the tropical Heer. I was thinking of offering \\$100 for it, bu

?

Default Heer tropical tab

Hi Guys. I found these two for sale recently online. The seller wants $300 for both buckles and the belt, but I really only want the tropical Heer. I was thinking of offering $100 for it, but I'm not sure that it's a good one, because the pictures are awful, as usual. I asked for better, but he's taking them with an iPad or something. Do you guys think it's possible to discern anything from them, and if so, is the tropical Heer worth $100? I don't normally ask about value, but I can't find many to compare.

Thanks in advance!

Heer tropical tabHeer tropical tabHeer tropical tab

- - ------- - -

Oops, the pictures are flipped. Give me a second to fix that.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer tropical tab
    P
    Many

?

Trying again.

Heer tropical tabHeer tropical tabHeer tropical tab

?

Erno, Hello again.. If the seller cannot afford better pictures than I would certainly be careful..
    The belt ?? I never really cared for them... Just Icing on the cake. The leatther tabbed is probably R.S.S or C.T.D. The web tab ??.. Just my two cents.. Better pics needed for me to buy... Good hunting Friend.....Gwar

?

Quote by Gwar View Post
    Erno, Hello again.. If the seller cannot afford better pictures than I would certainly be careful..
    The belt ?? I never really cared for them... Just Icing on the cake. The leatther tabbed is probably R.S.S or C.T.D. The web tab ??.. Just my two cents.. Better pics needed for me to buy... Good hunting Friend.....Gwar
    Thanks, Gwar! Those are my thoughts as well, but I've taken chances before that paid off. The seller lives about an hour from me, so it's a bit of a drive to take a look. I'm not interested in the belt and regular tab buckle. I agree about those just being extra; for me, it's mostly the buckle in every case.

?

Erno.. Your a lot like me.. Though I would ask the seller if pics aren't better to describe characteristics
    of the back if they can... Anyb marks etc: etc;.. Flight home was long.. DFW was packed and I am looking for my buckles to compare the SRM to a SRM I may have..Gwar

?

I'm checking this out on my phone so it's tough to give an opinion base on these photos. Most dealers ask $300-350 for a nice Heer with a web tab. The belt and buckle might be worth$100-125. Most of the value is in the tropical . If it is original and you can get it for under $200 it's a good deal. $100 would be a steal. A lot of these tropical will be marked GB for Gustavo Brehmer or the H on the A for H. Aurich.

?

Quote by Gwar View Post
    Erno.. Your a lot like me.. Though I would ask the seller if pics aren't better to describe characteristics
    of the back if they can... Anyb marks etc: etc;.. Flight home was long.. DFW was packed and I am looking for my buckles to compare the SRM to a SRM I may have..Gwar
    I think we do collect in similar ways for sure. Except for brocades, the belts are somewhat boring to me. I will of course keep all my sets together (by that I mean that I won't sell a belt but keep its original buckle), but the belts go in a different section of my small display.

I'm sure it'll be nice to get home, buckles or not!

Quote by kirby View Post
    I'm checking this out on my phone so it's tough to give an opinion base on these photos. Most dealers ask $300-350 for a nice Heer with a web tab. The belt and buckle might be worth$100-125. Most of the value is in the tropical . If it is original and you can get it for under $200 it's a good deal. $100 would be a steal. A lot of these tropical will be marked GB for Gustavo Brehmer or the H on the A for H. Aurich.
    Thanks, Kirby! I think I will take a shot at the buckle. If he accepts my offer and it's good, I'll be ok. If he accepts it and it's bad, I won't be ok but may be able to get a refund less postage. If he doesn't accept my offer, well, it doesn't matter then.

I will report back here with any news and updates.

As Kirby has already stated, the trop is worth $300 on its own, give the man the money, bite his arm off sell the other buckle and belt on, all good in my eyes
    Ben

BTW look at the slender neck on the other Heer, more than likely made by H Arld
    Ben

?

Quote by Ben Evans View Post
    As Kirby has already stated, the trop is worth $300 on its own, give the man the money, bite his arm off sell the other buckle and belt on, all good in my eyes
    Thanks, Ben! Can you tell if it's a good one from the pictures, though? I'm a bit concerned that it could be a real buckle with a fake tab, or a fake all around. Either way, I really only want the tropical tabbed one at the moment. I'd like to go look at them in person, but the seller is just a bit too far away to make the drive worthwhile! That's frustrating.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast