Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

I Need Expert Help With German Belt Buckles

Article about: Hello! I’m new to the forum and new to the topic I’m posting: German World War I and World War II belt buckles. If you happened to read my introductory post you’ll see I mostly collect

Default I Need Expert Help With German Belt Buckles

Hello! I’m new to the forum and new to the topic I’m posting: German World War I and World War II belt buckles. If you happened to read my introductory post you’ll see I mostly collect Japanese World War II relics (my father served in the Navy in the Pacific during World War II), but I do have a number of German items; pre-WWI, WWI and WWII. This is my first foray into German belt buckles. I’ve posted several pictures and I’d appreciate some expert evaluations. The first three are images of a World War I-era “Gott Mit Uns” buckle (it looks, from the images, to be brass). Now, I have purchased this one, but I don’t have it yet. I’m having some buyer’s remorse, especially since I didn’t notice that the lower part of the letters kind of run into the rope until after the purchase (the price was $66.00 delivered) and I didn’t realize that there are so many fakes out there, and I’m hoping it might be a “last ditch” item. The other four are at a local flea market whose seller is a man I have met and believe to be totally honest, but I’d still like some opinions on them before I consider a purchase. I’m especially interested in the Sturmabteilung buckle, but from the ones I’ve looked at online I’ve never seen one where the swastika is not canted. So, can you tell me if they are all a) genuine, and b) what a reasonable retail price for them would be? Thanks in advance!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture I Need Expert Help With German Belt Buckles   I Need Expert Help With German Belt Buckles  

I Need Expert Help With German Belt Buckles  
    Attached Images Attached Images I Need Expert Help With German Belt Buckles  I Need Expert Help With German Belt Buckles  I Need Expert Help With German Belt Buckles  I Need Expert Help With German Belt Buckles 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement I Need Expert Help With German Belt Buckles
    P
    Many

?

Hello, pics of the rear of the buckles and posted separately will be most helpful.. I believe this one is a Pidgeon Head fake.. JMO.. Others will chime in soon.. G
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture I Need Expert Help With German Belt Buckles  
    Attached Images Attached Images I Need Expert Help With German Belt Buckles 
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

?

Agree with G. Posted in the correct buckle groups with good front and back pics would help. Some of the Imperial buckles look good but not sure which backside pic matches which buckle. You are correct in your interest in the SA buckle. The horizontal "static swastika" would be a good find especially for a good price. Detail looks good and a pic of the backside would be great to confirm. The last buckle posted, RLB/DLV, the detail is not good, need photo of back of buckle.

Well, the images got kinda scrambled when I submitted them. The one I bought (and have concerns about) is "golden"-colored one with the two rear images. Very curious about whether this one is genuine or not. The one I'm very interested in purchasing is the "Sturmabteilung" buckle, but I don't have rear images, as it's still in the case at the antique mall. Evaluations are appreciated!

MAP
    ?

Quote by SCWeston77 View Post
    Well, the images got kinda scrambled when I submitted them. The one I bought (and have concerns about) is "golden"-colored one with the two rear images. Very curious about whether this one is genuine or not. The one I'm very interested in purchasing is the "Sturmabteilung" buckle, but I don't have rear images, as it's still in the case at the antique mall. Evaluations are appreciated!
    I would go back to the mall and take photos of the front and back and then post it in a separate thread (one item per thread are the forum rules).

You will get a much better response from the members here if they can clearly see all the required details
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

The Heer buckle is s well known fake. The Imperial buckle you purchased has proper construction but I agree with you on the lettering. I have a couple dozen Imperial and the lettering is much better than on your buckle. The SA buckle if you can get it for under $125 it is a good price. The RLB/DLV looks OK but I would like a reverse shot. About the same price as the SA is a good deal.

Looks like a nice SA buckle. But we are all interested in a back shot photo

Unhappy

Well, it looks like I started out by violating forum rules; my apologies! I'll start over; here's the belt buckle I bought on eBay; I haven't received it yet, but expect it soon. So, again, my question is: Is it genuine? I have my doubts. I appreciate any evaluations!I Need Expert Help With German Belt BucklesI Need Expert Help With German Belt BucklesI Need Expert Help With German Belt Buckles

Hello our new bUckle friend. First of all, Do not buy things if you not are sure. You Will waste a lot of cash on crap if so.

And I can not see any problems with that buckle from EBay. I would be glad to add it to my collection.
    Keep the Photos Coming and we Will help you.

Thanks to everyone who has replied! Any more evaluations?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast