Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

New Heer buckle with tab

Article about: Good evening all. Today I received this Heer buckle. It is worn, denazified and the tab’s stitches are gone for 70%. Initially, I wanted to ask the forum about its maker. There appears to

?

Default New Heer buckle with tab

Good evening all.

Today I received this Heer buckle. It is worn, denazified and the tab’s stitches are gone for 70%.

Initially, I wanted to ask the forum about its maker. There appears to be no makers mark on the buckle itself and the stamp on the tab is hard to decipher, especially if only two or three letters are recognisable.

But with the help of the makers list on the forum and a little bit of research (2 hours ) I found it.

Dransfeld & Co 1937 from Menden/W (for Westfalen?).

It will not win a buckles beauty contest but I like it and like to speculate about the stories it could tell.

Kind regards
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New Heer buckle with tab   New Heer buckle with tab  

New Heer buckle with tab   New Heer buckle with tab  

New Heer buckle with tab  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New Heer buckle with tab
    P
    Many

Yes it seems like the buckle went to hell and back but that is a wonderful piece of history.
    Great Eagles on Dransfeld buckles

You can tell from the eagles beak its from one of the Menden makers
    Ben

?

Thanks Ben. My knowledge doesn’t go as far to recognise different eagles yet, I’m afraid

Is this specific beak common for more Menden makers or just Dransfeld & Co? If for all makers, did they have a specific style within different areas ?

Kind regards