Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

OPINION? DeNazified M4/87 M. Salcher & Söhne, Wagstadt 1941

Article about: Hi All! I came across this buckle yesterday, and purchased because I don't come across denazified items often (and great price for this specific maker) I am familiar the reason behind denazi

Tristan
    ?

Default OPINION? DeNazified M4/87 M. Salcher & Söhne, Wagstadt 1941

Hi All!

I came across this buckle yesterday, and purchased because I don't come across denazified items often (and great price for this specific maker) I am familiar the reason behind denazifying items, but I'm curious everyone's opinion. To me, this looks like all original paint is pretty much in tact.

I have a collector friend in Munich, we have discussed most Germans being ashamed that their family member's were Nazis, and commonly denazified items. (long story short) You opinion please! **Sorry last pic is blurry tried deleting**

OPINION? DeNazified M4/87 M. Salcher & Söhne, Wagstadt 1941OPINION? DeNazified M4/87 M. Salcher & Söhne, Wagstadt 1941OPINION? DeNazified M4/87 M. Salcher & Söhne, Wagstadt 1941
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture OPINION? DeNazified M4/87 M. Salcher & Söhne, Wagstadt 1941  

2. # ADS

Default Re: OPINION? DeNazified M4/87 M. Salcher & Söhne, Wagstadt 1941

Sorry but can you make aPic from the Paper off the Luft Haupt Muna?
    The Buckle looks good.

It's against the law to wear the swastika openly in Germany, which is why they denazified them in order to continue wearing the belt...
    Looks like yours indeed has the original paint...
    cheers, Glenn

After the war items had to be denazified by law if it was to be used in public, things were in very short supply in the late 40s so if you still wanted to use your old service buckle he nazi symbols had to be removed. A case of needs must!...

Edit.. Bugger, Glenn beat me to it!...

Hi Tristan and welcome, the buckle is a typical Salcher buckle, if you notice the tab is the wrong way around, in other words the makers mark on the tab is facing towards to the rear of the buckle where normally it faces upwards, again quite normal for this maker
    Ben

Tristan
    ?

Thank you everyone for your response, I truly appreciate your opinions. I'm very excited to join this forum, from browsing everyone is very knowledgeable.

DerStuermer - You would like a pic of the Menu card? It's a handwritten Menu from a soldier named Ludwig Reinhard, while at Dieburg (munitions plant) 1942. He was later transferred, and died in the last week of battle at Stalingrad.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture OPINION? DeNazified M4/87 M. Salcher & Söhne, Wagstadt 1941   OPINION? DeNazified M4/87 M. Salcher & Söhne, Wagstadt 1941  

OPINION? DeNazified M4/87 M. Salcher & Söhne, Wagstadt 1941  

Just for your reference
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture OPINION? DeNazified M4/87 M. Salcher & Söhne, Wagstadt 1941   OPINION? DeNazified M4/87 M. Salcher & Söhne, Wagstadt 1941  

OPINION? DeNazified M4/87 M. Salcher & Söhne, Wagstadt 1941   OPINION? DeNazified M4/87 M. Salcher & Söhne, Wagstadt 1941  

Ben