Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Real buckle or replica?

Article about: I purchased a German WWII belt buckle at an auction and found no makers marks. Any help in opinions on authenticity would be greatly appreciated!

Schmole & Comp
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Real buckle or replica?   Real buckle or replica?  

Real buckle or replica?   Real buckle or replica?  

Ben

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Real buckle or replica?
    P
    Many

Here's a closer look...BEN, You held this one in your hands when you came to visit, lol... I scored this example about 5-6 years ago from John T at German War Booty for $55...
    Thanks to ALL for an Educational Thread...
    cheers, Glenn
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Real buckle or replica?   Real buckle or replica?  

Last edited by bigmacglenn; 02-28-2017 at 05:50 PM.

Cheers Glenn, that was a while ago mate
    Ben

I've always wondered why some of the usually fussy German manufacturers could never seem to portray an Eagle's head? You see parrot looking heads, woodpeckers, chickens etc. Were they really That clueless-in a land where Eagles were the national symbol for ages? I would have thought that a company like Aurich would at least know! But then they go ahead and begin stamping out something like the atrocity on the posted buckle! Unreal! lol (Did their production inspectors really hold one of the buckles in their hand and shrug and say "I guess that's close enough!"?)
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

I'm wondering if it isn't a relic buckle that has been excessively polished to a point that it's disfigured the bird's features...But the first thing that really struck me when I saw it was that hideous Eagle's Head with the big round eye, LOL...
    cheers, Glenn

?

Not likely.. As I assumed in the first post a genuine HA Buckle.. My actual first reaction or gut feeling leaned
    toward Aurich based on the catch.. A bit different but buckle guys trend to see the subtleties of such things and are sort of gun shy as to proper ID.. I for one would rather be accused of non confirmation than confirmation or dis association 'Fake' any day of the week..
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

Quote by Gwar View Post
    I for one would rather be accused of non confirmation than confirmation or dis association 'Fake' any day of the week..
    I don't quite understand what you're saying there...could you be more specific please?
    cheers, Glenn

MAP
    ?

Quote by bigmacglenn1966 View Post
    I don't quite understand what you're saying there...could you be more specific please?
    cheers, Glenn
    I think G is saying that he would rather remain undecided and not say one way or the other if he is not sure. I'm sure we've all see the "It's a fake" or "It's real" posts only to have it proven otherwise and in the meantime an opportunity or $$ is lost!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I could only dream to possess such an impeccable knack for accuracy!...
    cheers, Glenn

?

Quote by MAP View Post
    I think G is saying that he would rather remain undecided and not say one way or the other if he is not sure. I'm sure we've all see the "It's a fake" or "It's real" posts only to have it proven otherwise and in the meantime an opportunity or $$ is lost!
    You have it right
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast