Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Real or fake? eBay purchase belt buckle

Article about: Hello, I recently purchased this WW2 German belt buckle (eBay). Is it real or fake? I thought it was real at first, but I do not see any markings or numbers on it. It measures 64.3mm wide an

Default Real or fake? eBay purchase belt buckle

Hello,

I recently purchased this WW2 German belt buckle (eBay). Is it real or fake? I thought it was real at first, but I do not see any markings or numbers on it. It measures 64.3mm wide and 49mm tall. The leather belt end measures 35mm tall. I have no others to compare this to, but it seems small in size. Can someone confirm what the measurements should be? It appears old and worn. I believe it is made of aluminum (light weight). Please see photos and let me know what you think. I cannot find any photos of another one exactly like it online. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Real or fake? eBay purchase belt buckle
    P
    Many

Quite an original and somewhat rare buckle I believe made by Richard Seiper & Sohne, just trying to find a thread to confirm
    Ben

?

Great buckle. You would have had to pay a lot more for it if I had seen it or did you get a great buy it now price?

Thank you for the prompt replies. I am happy to know that I have an authentic buckle! I can probably search more on this forum for further details about it, but can someone tell me how rare it is and when it was manufactured? This particular buckle was purchased on eBay from someone in Pennsylvania (USA). I took a chance on it, but it appears I got lucky. Neat little collectible piece of history. Again, thanks for the information!

It was listed on eBay at a starting bid of $25 or best offer. I offered $40 and the seller accepted. The total purchase price with shipping and tax was $47.60 (USD). I just happened to notice it an hour or two after it was listed. The photos on the listing were not very clear and I was unsure if it was authentic at the time. Very happy to have it now knowing that it is real.

Now that you know what I paid, what is the estimated value of this buckle? Just curious. I am not planning to sell it.

Good score on the buckle..

Look very closely at the leather tab, you may also see some stampings in the leather, albeit faint they may be there..

Smitty

Wow... incredible deal!!

Quote by Rakkasan187 View Post
    Good score on the buckle..

Look very closely at the leather tab, you may also see some stampings in the leather, albeit faint they may be there..

Smitty
    Not necessarily

You Was really lucky this time. Great buckle

Keep on studying and asking so you dont get burned.