Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Seeking Information about this Buckle

Article about: Could someone inform me about this buckle that my uncle brought back from the war. Thanks, Tom

Default Seeking Information about this Buckle

Could someone inform me about this buckle that my uncle brought back from the war.

Thanks, TomSeeking Information about this BuckleSeeking Information about this BuckleSeeking Information about this Buckle

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Seeking Information about this Buckle
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Seeking Information about this Buckle

Where did your uncle do his overseas service, any more info, The belt buckle is a Heer (army) buckle, judging by the colour, i think it could be Afrika Korps, but its very early in the morning here and my eyes are getting tired, the colour to me is a sandy or posibly a light green

Hi, guys. I only have a few Heer buckles and don't know much about them but this buckle is, of course, 100% original. In very nice condition too and looks unissued. To my eyes it appears more green, although it is a bit hard to say with the lighting. I don't think it is Afrika Korps. If I remember correctly and perhaps Ben or someone else can confirm, it is uncommon to see an aluminum piece like this with some much paint left on the obverse. Nice buckle

Best,
    Adam

Certainly a great Paulmann and Crone manufactured buckle. It's a pre-war buckle - not an Afrika Corps issued piece. It's in great condition. I have a minty pebbled alum. buckle that also shows that greenish colour...it's just how they were made. I think the green has been "washed out" by the flash on the camera. Here's a quick pic of my example to show. It's unissued and your '38 might well be unissued as well...Great buckle!

Rob
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Seeking Information about this Buckle   Seeking Information about this Buckle  

Seeking Information about this Buckle  
    Attached Images Attached Images Seeking Information about this Buckle 

Seeking Information about this BuckleSeeking Information about this BuckleHi All,

Thanks for the great information coming my way. I will post some info about my Uncle's service later this weekend. Here is another picture of the front of the buckle, maybe shows actual color a bit better, also a picture of my Uncle (on the left in photo) Thanks again, Tom

Oh yeah...much better picture! That's a killer buckle! Very hard to find in that condition and far from cheap!!! Nice to see the pic of your uncle as well!
    Cheers!
    Rob

All great condition buckle. This particular buckle is one of the most difficult to find in ex.+ to mint condition. Evidentily the paint did not hold up well on thes and the fact they were aluminum and combat buckles to boot they received a lot of abuse. I had a Dr. Franke years ago when I was collectinfg TR buckles. It was absolutely mint with tab. I sold it to a forum member for a ton of $$$ and was astonished at that price which was over 10 years ago. Great buckles and VERY hard to find in this condition.

Bill

Forgive my ignorance guys. Don't get me wrong, I don't want to come across as being racist, but the military was segregated in WWII. How exactly were these two men in the same unit?

Cracking buckle Tom and in top condition for a aluminium buckle, great buckle
    Ben

Your uncle has several service bars on his sleeve and a presidential unit citation as well. Obviously artillery and maybe attached to an Armored division? Buckle is top notch. NH

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast