Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Unit marked Reichsheer belt and buckle

Article about: Hey gang...Here's my newest set....A Reichsheer belt and buckle that have been together since they first met....Ahhhhh - a marriage that has lasted 71 years! I know these two have been toget

Default Unit marked Reichsheer belt and buckle

Hey gang...Here's my newest set....A Reichsheer belt and buckle that have been together since they first met....Ahhhhh - a marriage that has lasted 71 years!

I know these two have been together for that long because of the real bonus here: both the belt and buckle are unit marked. I'm pretty sure A.R. is for artillery - but I could be wrong ..... If anyone can decipher the unit markings for me...I'd be indebted!

Another collector gave me this info on the unit:
    "The 6th Artillerie-Regiment was under the 6th Infanterie-Division which was formed in Bielefeld from an expansion of the 16th Infanterie-Regiment and of the 6th Division of what was then still called the "Reichwehr" in 1934. ...The unit itself, the 6. Artillerie-Regiment was located in Minden which is 40 km NE of Bielefeld itself.
    The 6. Artillerie-Regiment was divided in 2 parts (can't remember what those are called below the Division level) designated as "I." and "II.". To me, this is the likely meaning of the numeral "2" at the end of the series on your belt and buckle."

If anyone can offer more info - I'd love to hear it! Thanks in advance!

A great set that has found a new home! I have many belt sets - but this is my first where both the buckle and the belt have the same markings!

Cheers!

Rob
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Unit marked Reichsheer belt and buckle   Unit marked Reichsheer belt and buckle  

Unit marked Reichsheer belt and buckle   Unit marked Reichsheer belt and buckle  

Attached Images Attached Images Unit marked Reichsheer belt and buckle 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Unit marked Reichsheer belt and buckle
    P
    Many

Default Re: Unit marked Reichsheer belt and buckle

Nice set Rob with history, what I really like about it is that I lived in Bielefeld for 3 1/2 years, I wish I had been into WW2 militaria at that time
    Last edited by Ben Evans; 05-01-2009 at 09:36 AM.
    Ben

Hello Rob,
    That's a nice Reichswehr belt & buckle....congrats.
    The set was issued to a soldier of the 6th Battery of Artillery Regiment 68.
    Thanks for sharing
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Thanks guys! Glad you like it! JPhilip: thanks for that info buddy!

Rob

?

that`s a great piece Rob ! lovely wear on the buckle !

Al

Hi Rob, great belt & buckle. Nice one. I really like these Reichwehr buckles.

Whats the maker mark & date?

Cheers,

Richard.

Schnaps
    ?

Quote by JPhilip View Post
    6th Battery of Artillery Regiment 68.
    Information from the LdW Artillerie-Regiment 68

Hi! Thanks for that info! I'll look it up for sure!
    Richard: the maker is Schmole and Cie from Minden and the date is '38. That is a very late date for this type of buckle (last year they were made). This one must have been one of the last before they completely converted to the swastika embossed buckle.
    Cheers!

Rob

Hi Rob, blimey that is a late date. I didn't realise they made them that late. I thought they were phased out in 1936. Interesting that they were made at the time as the TR Heer aluminium buckle. Cheers, Richard.

Yeah...according to Nash's book - these buckles were made up to '38 then completely phased out. This was a time where some units still had these older style buckles while others had the new buckles. It must have been a real mish-mash look at that time for the armed forces!
    Cheers!
    Rob

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast