Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

1. Panzer Division Waffenrocks

Article about: My Waffenrocks from organic units of 1. Panzer Division. Schuetzen Regiment 1 Panzer Regiment 1 Aufklaerungs Abteilung 4 Yes, I'm in need of a better camera than my phone. Didn't have time t

TWS
    ?

Default 1. Panzer Division Waffenrocks

My Waffenrocks from organic units of 1. Panzer Division.

Schuetzen Regiment 1
    Panzer Regiment 1
    Aufklaerungs Abteilung 4

Yes, I'm in need of a better camera than my phone.

Didn't have time to dig out badges to fill the award loops tonight and I'm in need of some smaller torso forms. Nonetheless I hope some members can enjoy my little display I threw together.

Next up will be the Waffenrocks from the recent Andreas Thies auction as soon as I have time.
    1. Panzer Division Waffenrocks1. Panzer Division Waffenrocks1. Panzer Division Waffenrocks1. Panzer Division Waffenrocks1. Panzer Division Waffenrocks1. Panzer Division Waffenrocks1. Panzer Division Waffenrocks1. Panzer Division Waffenrocks1. Panzer Division Waffenrocks1. Panzer Division Waffenrocks1. Panzer Division Waffenrocks

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 1. Panzer Division Waffenrocks
    P
    Many

A very impressive grouping! Thanks for sharing!

These are just lovely !! The most underappreciated tunic. Everybody should have at least one !!
    D.

TWS
    ?

Quote by real steel View Post
    These are just lovely !! The most underappreciated tunic. Everybody should have at least one !!
    D.
    Fortunately or unfortunately, I have far more than just one Waffenrock.

Many collectors pass on them because they aren't "combat" tunics. But I like them and they are seldom really messed with like field tunics are. Also love the fact that you know which unit they were from either from chain stitched numerals or unit stamps inside or both. If they are issue tunics they should, and usually do, even have the company on the shoulder strap buttons. So you know not only witch regiment or battalion, but down to the company level what unit the soldier was in.

I also have news for the "combat" tunic collectors. Few field service tunics in collections were actually worn in combat. Most of those worn "at the front" were buried with the poor KIA soldier or were worn to rags and thrown away during captivity as a POW. I have a couple in my collection that were worn in the field, but most "field" tunics I have were worn as a service tunic in garrison or in an office or were kept at home as a "best tunic" for walking out use.

?

Amazing items !!! Congrats