Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

1st Pattern Edelweiss

Article about: Morning! Any red flags on this one? Looks alright to me, but I am just starting to get my feet wet with cloth

?

Default 1st Pattern Edelweiss

Morning!

Any red flags on this one? Looks alright to me, but I am just starting to get my feet wet with cloth
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1st Pattern Edelweiss   1st Pattern Edelweiss  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 1st Pattern Edelweiss
    P
    Many

Looks OK to me. NH

Hello,
    It is an original Edelweiss on dark green backing for regulation garments. Looks rather new for one removed from a tunic or a greatcoat.
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

?

Quote by JPhilip View Post
    Hello,
    It is an original Edelweiss on dark green backing for regulation garments. Looks rather new for one removed from a tunic or a greatcoat.
    Thanks
    Best case...removed from a Waffenrock maybe? Worst case...removed from a put-together uniform perhaps

No one will ever know i'm afraid...the main point being that it is original...and ready for a put together or a display.
    When there is the shadow of a previous Edelweiss that was sewn on the right sleeve of a Feldbluse, there is no shame to add a new Edelweiss on...I've done it in the past for unskilled friends (only talking about sewing of course) and also for myself. To restore a Feldbluse or a greatcoat or a Waffenrock to their former glory is OK, the problem is when people do create this "former glory" by adding insignia where there wasn't any...
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

?

Thanks. I just negotiated a deal for it...perfect for my purposes, a nice 1940 GBJ138 display. Didn't want one too best since it was early war, and didn't want an unissued square cut.

I have no issue with restoring uniforms...agree that you should never embellish what wasn't there, and you should disclose if you sell.