Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

3 eagles never authenticated,help!

Article about: I just realized after digging out my stuff that these 3 unissued eagles I never got any opinions on ,always thought the were good but after posting a panzer eagle here found out it was a wel

Default 3 eagles never authenticated,help!

I just realized after digging out my stuff that these 3 unissued eagles I never got any opinions on ,always thought the were good but after posting a panzer eagle here found out it was a well made fake been in my collection for years.I bought these 20 plus years ago at a flea market from a vender,he usually had good bringback stuff.Anyway here they are for review,think I paid 10.00 each for them.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 3 eagles never authenticated,help!   3 eagles never authenticated,help!  

3 eagles never authenticated,help!   3 eagles never authenticated,help!  

3 eagles never authenticated,help!   3 eagles never authenticated,help!  

3 eagles never authenticated,help!  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 3 eagles never authenticated,help!
    P
    Many

Guess they are OK, no fake alerts,are these all navy patches?

They look fine to me! Referring to the first photo, the top one is a Heer breast eagle. The other two are Kriegsmarine, with the bottom one being for use on a summer uniform.

Regards, B.B.

Thanks Brodie!,thought they were ok.This flea market dealer had uncut rolls of the kriegsmarine eagles , brought back by a vet taken out of factory,or so he said,now I believe him!Wish I had bought both rolls .They would have made a cool display for a border on german krieg stuff, 10.00 for each eagle was cheap compaired to todays prices.It would have drained my checking account back then but no pain no gain,oh well!

Quote by Toecutter View Post
    Thanks Brodie!,thought they were ok.This flea market dealer had uncut rolls of the kriegsmarine eagles , brought back by a vet taken out of factory,or so he said,now I believe him!Wish I had bought both rolls .They would have made a cool display for a border on german krieg stuff, 10.00 for each eagle was cheap compaired to todays prices.It would have drained my checking account back then but no pain no gain,oh well!
    Hindsight is a wonderful thing! You're fortunate to have lived in a time where this stuff was still comparatively cheap. Us young'uns are paying a fortune for stuff that could be had for peanuts only a couple of decades ago. And the prices will only climb higher as time passes. I feel sorry for those who decide to collect WWII militaria 100 years from now!

B.B.