Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

32nd Infantry Division divisional emblem

Article about: Hi all, The story of this thread begins around year ago when I found a lion (I) at a former Heer barracks location in Western Germany. I didn't think much of it: trench art, not German proba

Default 32nd Infantry Division divisional emblem

Hi all,

The story of this thread begins around year ago when I found a lion (I) at a former Heer barracks location in Western Germany.
    I didn't think much of it: trench art, not German probably

Those thoughts took a turn when someone uploaded the exact same one (II) on a Facebook metal detecting page He found this piece in the Netherlands. He had been able to identify it as a probable divisional emblem of the German 32nd Infantry Division: 32. Infanteriedivision - Lexikon der Wehrmacht

It gets better: I found a third person who also found one. He found this third (!) example (III) in the Arnhem (Netherlands) area.

The lions are all the same size (aprox. 10 cm in length) and seem to have been attached to something their most front and rear legs. Indeed, example III still has a screw attached.

Does anyone have more information about these? Where were they mounted on? Are there more examples like it?

Kind regards,

Chris
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 32nd Infantry Division divisional emblem   32nd Infantry Division divisional emblem  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 32nd Infantry Division divisional emblem
    P
    Many

Interestingly, someone else found a similar item (elephant) belonging to the 502nd Heavy Panzer Battalion
    (Schwere Panzerabteilung 502)
    Very similar in make and design in my opinion, and it was also attached to something...

Chris
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 32nd Infantry Division divisional emblem