Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Afrika Korps Breast Eagle Authenticity

Article about: Hello everyone, I found this AK Breast Eagle in a scrapbook and could use some help determining its authenticity. I've never seen one with a dove head like this? Thank you in advance. -John

Default Afrika Korps Breast Eagle Authenticity

Hello everyone, I found this AK Breast Eagle in a scrapbook and could use some help determining its authenticity. I've never seen one with a dove head like this?

Thank you in advance.
    -John
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Afrika Korps Breast Eagle Authenticity  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Afrika Korps Breast Eagle Authenticity
    P
    Many

Hello,

A better clearer picture is needed. Usually the line between the eagles wings is the same color as the base material. The lines here look blue. More and closer shots are required. A back shot showing the fold line would also be helpful.

Fred

Thank you Fred! This eagle was apart of a scrapbook on eBay and this is the only picture the seller provided. I didn't bid on it and it didn't sell at the sellers asking price of $500. I saw some other questionable American patches so I got skittish.

Hello,

$500. is way out of line for this eagle. Half of that is still considered a retail price. Good on you for staying away from it and the seller.

Fred

There was one other neat leather army air force patch in the lot but I didnt feel it was authentic. If everything was real $500 would of been a decent deal for all of it.

The seller just relisted the lot now at a lower value, you can check it out here: WWII Distinguished Flying Cross & Airmedal recipients scrap book. Very Rare! | eBay

The eagle is original
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/